Review of "Witch Exfoliating Face Wash"

published 01/07/2011 | Wee_Jackie_163
Member since : 13/03/2009
~ Dipping my toe back in... ~
Pro Easy to use & good value..
Cons None for me..
How does it affect your skin?
Does it dehydrate your skin?

"Which WITCH Wash Works Well?"

I have tried out a few items in the ‘Witch’ range of skincare products, all of which contain Witch Hazel extract, and have found that the results are really quite impressive, with the products being fairly good at combating spots and problem skin without being overly harsh.

With this in mind, I set out to find a facial ‘scrub’ type product from the range to see if it would further help my mission to combat spot outbreaks, this being something of a regular occurrence for my unfortunate skin tone.

I was pleased to see a rather large tube of ‘Witch Gentle Exfoliating Face Wash’ on sale in a local (independent) pharmacy shop, and I paid only £1.75 for the 150ml tube. I say only because I find larger drugstores (such as Boots for example) tend to increase their prices of products such as this one, with there being rather dramatic price differences from time to time.

The packaging for the Witch face wash has changed slightly from the picture shown at the top of the Ciao page, but this is probably down to a rather recent re-vamp of the brand overall. The packaging still consists of a plastic tube like the one shown on Ciao, but the brand’s logo is a little different, which gives a slightly more modern ‘edge‘ to the look of the product overall. There is a ‘flip up’ cap on the bottom of the tube and underneath this is a small nozzle through which the product can be squeezed out easily.

The Witch face wash itself is a sort of pale blue coloured ‘gel’ and in the gel there are many little particles that are evident. Some of these little particles are blue and others are white, but they are all enclosed quite neatly in the gel itself. The gel is not overly runny, and has a pleasant consistency to it. I find too that the gel is thick enough to lather over my wet face quite easily, and because of this I find that I only need to use a small amount - perhaps about the size of a 10p coin, meaning that the tube will last me for quite some time.

When it comes to using the Witch Face Wash, I find it does not have that sort of ‘sticky’ feeling to it which is something I have come to expect with products like this, given my past experiences. In comparison, the Witch Face Wash has a much lighter feeling to it, and I find it refreshing to use on my skin, particularly if used first thing in the morning.

Furthermore, I find the little ‘particles’ in the gel are very gentle, so I feel the manufacturers were right to put this word in the title of the product. A lot of similar products that I have used before have felt very harsh when I have been rubbing the product on my skin which is not a feeling that I find particularly pleasant. - some of them have made me feel as though I am scrubbing a layer of skin off of my face!! I feel that the Witch Face Wash is much gentler than most similar products that I have used before, but this doesn’t take anything away from the ‘exfoliating’ properties of the product, and I find that it feels as though I am cleansing my face quite thoroughly which again gives the impression that it is a refreshing product to use.

The smell of the Witch Face Wash is pleasant enough, but I wouldn’t claim to love it, nor do I find it is the product’s most redeeming feature. In actual fact, it smells like most other ‘spot-fighting’ products that I currently own, and has a clinical, clean aroma to it which soon fades after I have applied toner and finally moisturiser to my face during my usual skincare routine.

Furthermore, I think it is important to mention that I have found the Witch Face Wash seems to be quite helpful in my quest to battle spot outbreaks, with excess oil and make-up residue being washed (or scrubbed gently) away altogether. In addition, I have found there are no ill-effects from using this product on my rather sensitive skin, nor has it caused any inflammation to the eczema that I suffer from at times.

Overall, I am rather impressed with the results achieved from using this facial wash product on my skin and I would buy it again. I think it offers good value for money as you do not need to use a lot of the product to achieve good results. I do not have any negative comments to make about the product at all and will therefore be awarding the product the full marks that it deserves!

There is a range of ‘Witch’ skincare products available at all good drugstores such as Superdrug and Boots. The Witch Gentle Exfoliating Face Wash is currently available at Superdrug for the price of £2.53. You can shop online at Superdrug, and their website can be found at www.superdrug.co.uk.

• sharper_fin published 09/11/2015
    I like this because it's so gentle. Good review
  • killiefan published 01/07/2011
    Sounds good!
  • Mistee-Dreamz published 01/07/2011
    I have read so many positive reviews about witch products but I never had the chance to try them. Sounds like a decent product.