Witch Exfoliating Face Wash

Witch Exfoliating Face Wash

Cleanser / Exfoliator

Review of "Witch Exfoliating Face Wash"

published 23/10/2011 | chilcott1
Member since : 09/04/2005
Banner ads make me not want to buy the product
Pro Cleans without drying out your skin
Cons None, I love it!
How does it affect your skin?
Does it dehydrate your skin?

"Witch one? This one!"

I wash my face day and night religiously, even when I stumble home at 3 in the morning after a night out, because if I don't, I know that I will break out in spots in a serious way! I have sensitive combination skin, so I panicked a bit when my last trusted face wash ran out and I found that it had been discontinued. Scouring the shelves in the supermarket, I came across Witch exfoliating face wash. It had been reduced from £3.88 to £2 for a 150ml tube, so I thought that I may as well give it a go.

I always have a bottle of distilled witch hazel in the medicine drawer; I find it essential for calming down and soothing bruises, and for treating grazes and spots. It seems to thoroughly clean, without being irritating or drying out, so having it in a face wash makes perfect sense. Witch hazel is a plant which grows on the East coast of America and its use for its medicinal and astringent properties goes back a long way - the American Indians found it invaluable for treating a variety of ailments such as ulcers, cuts and insect bites.

Witch exfoliating face wash comes in a turquoise squeezy tube. The plastic tube has a matt finish, so it doesn't slip out of your hands easily when they are wet. It stands on its lid, which I find appealing because the product is always where you want it, and you don't have to spend precious minutes in the morning, shaking a tube for all you're worth! There is no pattern on the front, just a plain simple design with "Witch, natural beauty" and "exfoliating face wash". It also tells you that the product contains vitamin E, for fresh soft skin, and it is cleansing with an extract of witch hazel. On the back, there is a lot more writing, giving you ingredients, contact information, and a bit of information about the product and how to use it.

The product itself is a clear gel, with tiny blue and white granules that do the exfoliating bit. They are a perfect size, and do not irritate your skin, and you do not feel as though you are taking the top layer off! (Garnier take note!). A small amount goes a long way, I use less than a 5p sized blob, and it does a fantastic job of getting my make up off. The first few times that I used it, I also used a toner afterwards, to ensure that my skin was totally clean, but the cotton wool came away spotless, so I don't do that anymore. It has a clean smell that is not at all heavy, but I am surprised that it doesn't particularly smell like witch hazel! I contemplated putting this in my eyes, so I could tell you if it stings or not, but sorry, I just couldn't do it so you are going to have to find that out for yourselves!

Sometimes when I use a face wash, I feel that as soon as I pat my face dry I must apply moisturiser immediately because I can feel it getting tighter, but Witch is not like this. On occasion, I have even forgotten to put moisturiser on, because my skin just feels soft, clear, refreshed and moisturised. I am happy to use this product every day and night because it does not feel harsh, and I am confident that it won't dry my skin out. I have not had any spot outbreaks since I have been using it, and from now on, I will stock up on this whenever it is on special offer, although I would be happy to pay the full price, because one tube will last me months.

After trying this product, and liking it so much, I am pleased to see that Witch have a wide range of other facial products available, and I will definitely be testing them in the very near future. This product is widely available in supermarkets and on the high street but is is worth shopping around as prices vary considerably between £2-4.50. I would happily recommend this product, and I can't see myself changing face wash for as long as this is available. Overall this is a superb facewash in my opinion utilising a well known natural product effectively.

Also posted on Dooyoo under my username emmachilcott

• doriee.jay published 01/12/2011
    good review
  • LadyValkyrie published 31/10/2011
    I tried this face wash and it made my skin feel quite raw and red, I do have very sensitive skin but it just shows how different a product can perform when used by different people.
  • kiss_me2070 published 26/10/2011
    Great review. I have a few of the witch products, I find they work really well.