Witch Exfoliating Face Wash

Witch Exfoliating Face Wash

Cleanser / Exfoliator

Review of "Witch Exfoliating Face Wash"

published 22/02/2012 | dinosaur9211
Member since : 16/12/2011
Pro clears, smoothens, exfoliates
Cons none yet
How does it affect your skin?
Does it dehydrate your skin?

"MY SKIN HAS BEEN CRAVING GOODNESS LIKE THIS!"

When it comes to skincare, I admit to not bothering much. I tend to start a routine and a week later I’m back to the same old ‘don’t bother’ attitude. Before I turned 15, my skin was pretty good – I’d only ever had one spot which is a bonus when you’re mid-teens. Although from the age of 15, whenever I get stressed I break out across my forehead (also the dreaded blackheads I don’t think anyone can remove on their nose).

I came across this ‘exfoliating face wash’ earlier in 2012 through a beauty blog I read regularly, the girl who owns the blog claims it was the best high street product she has used to help spots and clogged pores – I instantly ran to Tesco to buy some!

Witch has a signature turquoise colour on most of their products, this one is no different. The bottle is 150ml and has a flip top cap at the bottom and can be easily squeezed to get out the product. The brand name is on the front and all ingredients, information and ‘how to use’ instructions.

This face wash boats that it has micro-granules to cleanse pores, vitamin E and helps to smooth and clear skin.

The face wash is a gel which has a slight turquoise colour to it, but it is mostly transparent. The micro-granules are visible and of different sizes which is really nice. The texure of the face wash is mostly smooth, but when you properly rub it the granules are clear and it scrubs your face. Although, I didn’t feel like it tore into my face, it was very gentle.

I use the face wash mostly in the shower so that my pores are open and my skin is going to get a good washing – I hate the feel of product left on my skin. I use roughly a 50p sized blob (or less depending how much I feel my skin needs scrubbing) and apply it to an exfoliating glove. I then rub my hands together and apply the gel all over my face rubbing it in circular motions. The exfoliating glove helps to get deeper into the pores – especially when they are really clogged up.

Once washed off, my skin feels really soft and definitely looks as though my pores have been cleansed. I notice it most on my nose, the blackheads seem to be fewer than before (obviously not gone all together because they never are!) which is my ‘problem area’ so I was glad that this had happened. I also noticed the spots on my forehead (which were more like lumps than actual white heads) were fewer too. After a weeks worth of treating my skin with this product, my face is seriously smooth and clear which has convinced me to use it over and over.

I’ve been using the face wash for around a month now and still have 70% of the bottle left, so I am sure it will last me well into April/May without running out – quite good going for a product really, most don’t last 5 minutes these days!

As I previously mentioned, I brought my face wash from Tesco but it is also available in other supermarkets and drug stores which stock ‘Witch’ products. They retail at different prices ranging between £3-£5.

• ithoughtyoudneverask published 23/02/2012