Wizz Air

Wizz Air

Review of "Wizz Air"

published 13/12/2009 | costas1234
Member since : 27/01/2004
Pro Almost Excellent airline to fly with, punctual and reliable flight departures and arrivals
Cons £4 booking fee if not using a Visa Electron card.
How often do you travel with this airline
Where did you book
Food Quality
Customer Service
Punctuality

"Wizz Air"

Introduction

I have used this air plane a number of times in booking flights and travelling to Prague from London Luton airport and have been generally pleased with the service throughout the buying process. The aircraft are generally Airbus planes and the company flies to many European destinations. What makes this company stand out are its cheap fares which are very reasonable and affordable indeed.

The Booking process

I have checked the prices and compared them generally to Easyjet and have found that at times it is cheaper to fly with Wizz air on the outbound flight, and in using Easyjet on the return leg of the journey. I have found the website booking process to be very straightforward and easy to complete. When paying for the tickets the website is safe and secure in that it uses https as a secure method for paying for flights. I also like the fact that Wizz air offer convenient flight times and a daily service. What I do not like is that Wizz air during the booking process charge an additional £4 to use a debit card. This charge is only avoided if a person has a Visa Electron card or has the Wizz air's own credit card. This aspect of the booking process I find most annoying which avoids me giving Wizz air a five star rating. Other than that the website is very good and smooth in providing customers with an easy and fair booking process. So far I have used Wizz air around three times and so far have been charged a staggering £12 in charges for using my debit card which at some stage would have amounted to most of the costs of a single one way flight, or at least a night stay in a hostel.

==Check In Process==

At London Luton airport I have found the check in desk staffed by one or two members of Wizz air staff. The queue times when I have been inside the airport tend to be quite short from London Luton. I have found the staff on the check in desk to be friendly and courteous. The time taken to check in is around one or two minutes and the check in staff ask to see the booking reference and passport of the passengers flying. I also like the check in process to be quite efficient and professional indeed. There are added fees for people carrying extra luggage though as I have always travelled light with just a sports carry bag I have not needed check in with extra baggage. The flight boarding system is well managed also as well as very efficient.

Punctuality

I have noted that the planes to generally take good time to travel. These planes fly on time unlike Easyjet planes which are somewhat delayed by slow to board passengers. Wizz air tend to have a good flight time compared to the advertised boarding and take off times which are displayed on screens around the airport.

Space

I have been generally pleased with the space on board one of these planes, whilst I am quite tall yet slim, I have been pleased with the quality and comfort of the seats on board, I find that there is however no extra leg room unless seated on selected special seats where there is less chair crowding. From experience I have flown to Prague which takes around one and a half hours, it is this aspect of the flight which I find quite short in duration to not be too over concerned regarding leg room or head space. I find the space given on board the flight to be adequate and comparable to other european low cost flight companies. On the whole I find a one and a half to two hour flight very comfortable and the smooth air transportation process provided through my experience to be very good aspect of the service.

Other information

I have tried a cup of tea and a sandwich though on the whole I will avoid ordering food and drink from the air cabin crew as the prices tend to be quite high for I receive from this aspect of the service. I find that it is good that it is available though £2 for a cup of tea which is similar price to easyjet cabin food is a high price. Other products are available including perfumes, after shave, sunglasses are all advertised along with price details inside the companies in flight magazine, which is quite interesting to read upon the products and information contained about other European destinations. Also the company have a good if not excellent safety record which makes booking and travelling with Wizz air a confident if not almost certain recommendation factor. As a partially disabled person myself I have found the facilities and ease of boarding the plane quite good and so therefore the plane scores well for disabled users. Wheelchair users might perhaps not be so satisfied as the boarding the plane requires climbing around 20 steep steps towards the plane.

I always fly usually with low cost travel companies and as such I always book directly with the airline as savings are always made. I paid less than £45 to fly to and from Prague which I consider great value for money. I can not find a price using easy jet and I will not fly with Ryanair due to their over pricing for added extras such as ticketing. So I consider Wizz air my first choice supplier for major and minor European destinations. I occasionally find a cheaper return flight with easyjet and as a result I sometimes use Easyjet as a good alternative. I always fly economy in order to save major money as flying first choice is not an option on Wizz air.

Recommended

Yes I would highly recommend travelling with Wizz air as the savings of flying to European destinations can be made. I also enjoy the customer service and professional manner in which the customer cabin crew behave. I also enjoy the fact that Wizz air do not have Ryan air tickets that need to be printed out before boarding. Though Wizz air do not have online check in facilites. I also like the punctuality of Wizz air flights which makes them a company that do not keep their customers waiting for other passengers and generally for other delays that might occur.

Thanks for reading
costas1234

• duskmaiden published 21/06/2010
    thnks for reassuring me as I'm flying with thm tomorrow
  • paulpry118 published 29/12/2009
    Sounds very good but I have never flown any low cost air companies
  • greenierexyboy published 15/12/2009
    Sounds decent. It's a rather unfortunate name for an airline, mind.