Review of "Wooden Jingle Bells"

published 16/10/2016 | mummytobe78
Member since : 20/07/2014
Trying to catch up after being in hospital for an op. Will get to rating all reviews ASAP
Good
Pro Fun for kids
Cons Bells can fall off

"Jingle bells, jingle bells"

Wooden Jingle Bells

Wooden Jingle Bells

Another basic toy we found in a charity shop was the wooden jingle bells. We bought this for pennies but a very similar one is around £5 in Early Learning Centre.

Because we bought this second hand I cannot comment on the packaging.

The bells are quite small measuring 18cm x 6cm. This made them the perfect size for Harry to hold even when he was younger.

The bells have a recommended age of 3. We gave these to Harry last Christmas when he was 9 months but I do worry about him pulling the bells off and possibly choking him. For this reason Harry only got the bells to play with when we were right beside him and was never allowed them to play with them alone.

The bells are made of wood and metal. The handle of the bells is made of wood and the bells metal.

The handle is plain varnished wood at the bottom and at the top has painted stripes of all different bright colours. Attached to the wood are 12 small bells, in silver metal.

The main and only object of this toy is basically to make a noise. And it does its job very well. The jingling is not too loud and you can still hear the television etc over it but after your child shaking the bells for an hour the noise does start to grate on you.

The only problem, and a big problem, I have with this toy is that we have lost 3 of the bells. For this reason I am glad Harry is never alone with this toy. He has passed the stage of putting everything in his mouth but its not a chance I would like to take. This worries me enough that unfortunately I no longer give Harry this to play with.

The bells are very easy to clean. When we first got them I gave them a good soak and scrub with disinfectant and since then i have wiped them a few time's with antibacterial wipes.

If the bells were more secure I would really like this toy for good simple fun. However the bells coming off have let it down badly which is a shame.

• IzzyS published 20/10/2016
    Good review.
  • euphie published 18/10/2016
    vh :o)
  • bettyboo47 published 18/10/2016
    not sure a 3 yr old would be that interested!!