Woodlands Garden Treat

Woodlands Garden Treat

Drops & Small Treats

Review of "Woodlands Garden Treat"

published 30/04/2012 | sarahbarrow
Member since : 11/05/2007
Well that was the longest couple of weeks break I've ever had! xx
Pro A healthy and novel way to keep teeth short, whist being full of goodness.
Cons None.
Nutritional Value

"For civilised guinea pigs everywhere!"

After a recent trip to my local “Pets at home” store, I found myself veering towards the guinea pig treats section….again, I swear those boys get more treats than I do!

After a quick perusal, I came across an unusual product I hadn’t seen before, and thought was fun and functional at the same time.

The product I will now review is -”Woodlands - Garden treat”.

The idea of this particular gnaw and eat item is it is a bowl made from natural fats and seeds, filled with the choice of two different filings, with the particular one we had being “carrot garden” which is a mixture of sliced dried carrot and parsley, though the flower and herb one sounds good too, with that one being more aesthetically pleasing to look at, but as my babies love carrots, this is the one I went for!

The bowl comes wrapped in cellophane, with the contents already within the bowl, then housed within a half box, perfect to see what it is exactly you are getting for your money.

All the ingredients listed are perfect for any small animal to chew and enjoy, these are ranging from the filling (carrots and parsley) through to the seeds, ash, fibre and proteins, and are all natural ingredients.

This bowl measures 6 x 9 x 8cm, and holds a good amount of sliced carrots, though the filling was eaten within a day or tow, and the bow is still going strong a week on, albeit with a good few nibble marks now, but has yet to fall to bits!

This type of treat is much more than that, due to it’s contents and ingredients is marketed as a product to be used as part of a healthy diet, but as with many smaller animals it’s best to encourage them not to over indulge!

This is aimed at all small animals ranging from hamsters through to rabbits, and is ideal for helping to keep there teeth clean and healthy.

My guinea pigs seemed to really enjoy the filling of the bowl, and occasionally have a quick nibble on the bowl too, though do enjoy me putting a little hay or nuggets into it for them to eat from, my guinea pigs are so civilised!

Price wise these retail from www.petstshome.com for £2.99, which for how long it has lasted so far is cheap at half the price!

Thanks for reading x

• 2mennycds published 31/08/2015
    vh
  • Jake_Speed published 09/05/2012
    These sound really good!
  • dawnymarie published 01/05/2012
    Your guinea pigs sound so pampered ;) x