Woolwich

Member since : 14/02/2001
Pro Unhelpful information from Local branch
Cons Everything

"Thank you Mr. er"

I have been acustomer with the Woolwich for about 5 years changing my current account into the all new open plan about a year ago.

I then heard about the merger between Barclays and The Woolwich and I thought time to move having never been a fan of Barclays. I opened an account with Nationwide but before I could get the account up and running I found myself in Hospital following an RTA.

In November I made a stupid mistake a wrote acheque from the wrong account (Woolwich account) and managed to become overdrawn (the first time in 14 years that I have been overdrawn with any bank). As soon as I realised my error I transfered funds to the Woolwich open plan account only to receive two letters, at £27 each, telling me of the obvious, one letter dated on the day of the transaction to credit my account and the other after I had credited the account.

I rang the Woolwich and explained that I had made an error, and that I was happy to pay for the first letter but surely the second letter should not stand as I had credited the account in cash. Sorry was the reply it is all done by computer we cannot refund the costs incurred. GREAT!

I have also found my local branch to give me false information and they are quite rude ( the same as their own advert to encourage people to join!)

So you are thinking I'm going to close the account. No way I'm going to get my money back by keeping the account open with only a £1.00.

This review was read 1932 times and was rated at

• ANNJSEC published 26/02/2001
    Have you been to The Citizens Advice Bureau. I can't see how they can charge you twice for one error.What a dreadful story. Well written. Ann

Product Information : Woolwich