Worcester Combi Boiler

Worcester Combi Boiler

Boiler

Review of "Worcester Combi Boiler"

published 24/06/2006 | pselby
Member since : 11/11/2005
Pro Excellent energy efficiency and money savings over older versions
Cons Time lag to generate hot water on economy mode

"Worcester / Bosch Combi Boiler Greenstar 30CDi"

My wife & I decided to research our required product before going ahead with the installation. We spent a while doing this to ensure we got exactly what we wanted and more to the point what we required for the house we had just purchased. After looking at many manufactures websites and reviews on this and other sites and in conultation with the Corgi registered plumber, who we had chosen to do the installation, we decided on the Worcester / Bosch Greenstar Condensing combi 30CDi.

The Actual installation took two days but his also included having all our radiators fitted with Thermostatic valves for even better efficiency, the removal of the old hot water storage sytem and also the removal of the cold water stoarge sytem from the loft space. The house was empty due to the fact we were not due to move in for a couple more days so this aided the fitters as they had to put new Copper heating pipes under a few of the floorboards.

The boiler itself has a rather stylish look over the older "square brick" look and it's only 760x440x360 in size so leads itself to mounting in either an airing cupboard, as we did, or for mounting in the kitchen. The 30CDi si an A rated efficiency condensing combi boiler and we have allready noticed the improved efficency and savings over the boiler we had fitted in our previous house

We have now had the boiler fitted for just over Six months and we have noticed that the delivery of hot water to the downstairs taps can take upto 30 seconds this is not a problem to us as we had the boiler fitted upstairs in an airing cupboard however hot water to the adjacent bathroom is well under this time. We could have switched the boiler from Ecomomy mode to keep hot mode and this gives you a 2 1/2 Litre hotwater tank for instant hot water but this is not what we wanted and are more than willing to wait for the water.

As of yet we have not had to recharge the preasure system and have regullary checked the guage for drops in pressure the instalation plumber advised that this could drop every month or so but as of yet it has not.

In summary my wife & I are more than happy with the boiler we have had no problems to date and as it is supplied with a two year garantee have no concerns for the future. we would recommend anybody considering an instatlation reasearch their requirments before going ahead.

• markyeadon published 23/06/2007
    Thanks very much for your comments on this boiler. I'm in the process of getting quotes for one and this is the one the plumber has recommended.
  • COOOEEE published 26/06/2006
    A promising first opinion - welcome to Ciao. Fionaxx
  • lindsayjayne published 24/06/2006
    I need a new combi boiler - mine is quite dodgy - so I'll bear this in mind, thanks. x