Worcester Combi Boiler

Worcester Combi Boiler

Boiler

Review of "Worcester Combi Boiler"

published 22/01/2008 | Muvvs
Member since : 22/01/2008
Satisfactory
Pro pumps heat out, when the thermostat isnt fault which is often
Cons two new thermostats within three months of new- can't be coincidence

"Good boiler lousy digital thermostat"

The boiler is fine -- I had one fitted at the end of October 2007 and it's excellent.

The digitizing thermostat (wireless) is so unreliable it is next to useless. Give Worcester their due - their jolly little call centre does call back and arrange a visit and replacement very quickly but . . The thermostat began to dysfunction on 21st Dec- by 29th Dec I'd had enough of no heating, coming home to an icy home. Once I reset the receiver it worked fine. . Until the next time - two or three times a day I had to reset it. Waste of money!

Worcester replaced the thermostat and receiver in 8th January 2008, that one first went wrong on 19th January 2008 - eleven days from being fitted- same problem with the receiver - signal going and then switching the whole system to "off". No, there haven't been any power cuts! It's the part - and they promise they are going to ring me today (22nd January) to send another engineer out but I work six days a week and have already had two off work to wait for their engineers!

It's a shame - the company who fitted the boiler and thermostat are fabulous and on the basis of their work I'd like to recommend them - but they are tied to Worcester so I won't.