Worcester Combi Boiler

Worcester Combi Boiler

Boiler

Review of "Worcester Combi Boiler"

published 21/12/2010 | SkyeSummers
Member since : 21/12/2010
Satisfactory
Pro When it works it is very efficient.
Cons Noisy and unreliable - due to the pipes I believe

"Worcester Comi Boiler doesn't work in the freezing cold"

I had my old Vaillant boiler which I had for 12 yrs replaced as it was noisy even though efficient. I bought the Worcester Combi as it came with a 5yr warranty. I've only had it installed since May with an authorised dealer (yes, I did everything by the book!). My boiler has been making water gurgling noises when the temp drops in the night. This has been happening since Sep. I had Heatforce Cardiff look at it in Oct and they said nothing was wrong, then I contacted Worcester Bosch direct and they sent someone out in Nov and again said it was OK. Dec with the freezing temp the noise was so bad we couldn't use the bedroom as it was so noisy we thought the house was going blow up. Finally today, the boiler stopped. I phoned Heatforce as I couldn't get it to restart and was only able to reach so many of the outside pipes (these I hasten to add are fully lagged). Heatforce told me that boiler pipe is at fault and that it was not covered under warranty!!!!
Buying a boiler with crap pipes is like buying a car with no brakes - you can't use it.

The boiler did get fixed by the guy hack sawing through the ouside pipe so that the toxic water can drain down my roof rather than the guttering. Apparently the firms are only allowed to use REGULATION PIPES which are inefficient. How do the rest of Europe manage? I've lived in Germany, Holland, Spain and visited Denmark, Norway and have never seen such pandemonium that these REGULATION pipes cause.

I would advise anyone getting a combi boiler fitted to take particular care over where the boiler is fitted and how much outside piping is required. My pipes go all the way around the house and it looks although I have many more call outs to look forward! Forewarned is Forearmed. Think carefully.