World Online

World Online

Review of "World Online"

published 16/07/2000 | Barthax
Member since : 15/07/2000
Pro Free, no-nonsense dial-up with a fully capable, discounted (comapred to BT) Telecom.
Cons Access is occasionally a battle ground. Online-notification of callers is chargeable.
Line Quality
Customer service quality
Customer service waiting times
Tariffs & Charges
Accuracy of Charges

"24 Hour free access."

I was determined to not jump immediately on the bandwagon that began to emerge near the start of the year. Unlike others, I had not been with Locatel because I'd heard of poor access by friends.

Now I am with World Online (ex-Localtel as others point out), I find few problems in gaining access first time. They are not perfect, but I utilise my dial-up connection more and more without worry about what time of day or how long I remain on. The only thing I have to remember is that there's only one telephone line to the house! World Online have a (payable) service to cope with this eventuality whereby you are notified while you are online that a caller is available. How this works or how good this service is - I don't know... I never received that many calls in the first place. ;-)

Difficulties will be encountered during peak periods (especially Saturday mornings ~9:00), but if you're persistant, you'll be on within a few attempts (remember to switch your modem off & back on after each attempt to ensure it is properly reset - not all versions of Windows do that properly).

All normal Internet services are provided, a complete domain with no restrictions on e-mail addresses, news server with no restrictions and no filters for the connection.

Product Information : World Online