World Online

Review of "World Online"

published 02/08/2000 | sysip10
Member since : 26/07/2000
Pro Cheaper Calls than BT / Free Internet Calls / Generally Reliable
Cons Can get busy like most providers
Line Quality
Customer service quality
Customer service waiting times
Tariffs & Charges
Accuracy of Charges

"CHEAPER CALLS AND FREE INTERNET ACCESS (SORT OF)"

To use World Online you must move to them from your current telephone provider. I signed up to World Online (previously called Localtel) around 6 months ago. I was looking for a company who could offering free Internet calls. At the time not too many companies were offering free calls just free access. Their initial offer was free evening and weekend Internet calls. A few months ago World Online introduced a new service, free 24 hour calls for an increase in the monthly line rental of 14.99 from 9.99. They were a little naughty when they sent letters to everyone and they introduced a compulsory change. They did not think that the old customers were happy with just evening and weekend free calls. So they retracted this compulsory change and gave customers the choice. I moved to the 24 hours access package. I have had some problems getting on at peak times but a few re-tried and I get on OK. Things are changing fast and this can only be good for us consumers. Companies like World Online must be competitive and ensure they stay ahead of the field. They already promise to give you cheaper calls than BT and you can use the family and friends discounts similar to BT’s. The itemised bill you get is very comprehensive. If you are looking for generally reliable free Internet calls I can recommend World Online. One other point, when I signed up it had to be done ONLINE..

Product Information : World Online