World Online

Review of "World Online"

published 17/03/2001 | diver233
Member since : 29/07/2000
Pro Cheep Internet access
Cons very poor customer service and a real pain to get out of
Line Quality
Customer service quality
Customer service waiting times
Tariffs & Charges
Accuracy of Charges

"A nightmare to get out of, And No customer service"

I found & am still finding World on line a nightmare to get out of. I joined them a year ago last November and to start with everything was sweet everything was exactly as stated when I joined, Free internet access 24 hours if I changed my phone to them. This was ok for about 7-8 months then they moved the goal posts, then it was free internet access off peak only. Then a month or two later it was "we can not do free internet access any more you will have to pay for it at either £2.99 off peak or £14.99 24 hour access. Also at around this point they were sending out letters saying that they had not billed their customers correctly for about a year & that we would have to pay for the calls used but not charged for, First extra bill was about £70 this I paid thinking it was a one off. Then next month I got another letter saying about the same that some calls had not been charged for. Then the next month they then said that they had not charged for the correct line rental and I would have to pay extra. At this point I complained & they waived £25 off the bill. Then the next month we were back to the not charged for all calls, at this point I canceld the account & came back to BT.
I canceld my account 30 jan 2001 & recieved a final bill for line rental & for calls, I paid this. then next month I got another bill for not charged calls up to end of December which I paid. Then this week 15/03/01 I have got another bill. When will they end.
Also every time you phone them you are in a que for any where between 5mins and the longest was 53 mins although your call to them is free it still is to long to wait to be answered.
Another bad part of world on line is, there internet access is quite slow (when you get on & your line seems to disconect after a few hours so be careful if you are down loading any big files.

• burnie published 05/05/2001
    good op. I joined screaming.net, who were taken over by worldonline. They in turn hve been taken over themselves, which at the momement seems to have solved some of their problems(but still have to pay a monthly charge for the internet)
  • aardvark99 published 18/03/2001
    I have been with Worldonline for over a year also. Judging by the comments I have seen both on Ciao and elsewhere, I count myself lucky as having had no problems (see my report), particulary on billing. In fact a potential problem on billing was sorted out pretty well a couple of months ago. Sad as it is for an ISP, the key seems to be to write by snail mail or fax. Use of their website and telephone approaches seem to elicit nought whatsoever.
  • sadcrab published 17/03/2001
    I found their customer service awful and reverted back to BT. See my coment Screaming at World Online.

Product Information : World Online