World Online

Customer service quality
Customer service waiting times
Tariffs & Charges
Accuracy of Charges

"Don't Bother with World Offline"

Let me tell you my story. I live in the middle of nowhere, 10 miles from the nearest public phone box and 5 miles from any neighbours. I signed up with world online and received my first massive quarterly bill. Disappointed at the size of the bill (considering their money saving claims) I decided the best way to get rid of this bill would be to set up a direct debit with the company's credit control department.

I call them and they send me some forms in the post. I fill them out and call them back to query something only to find that they have cut me off (both incoming and out going calls). I shout at my dog, my dog barks at me, I feel stressed, My Dog cries in his basket.

I then cycle 10 miles to the nearest phonebox, grasping my account information and 5 £1 coins. £5 later and I am still onhold with their customer services department. The money runs out. Frustrated, I return home and shout at my Dog again.

The next day, after apologising to the Dog, I get up early and cycle 10 miles this time with £10 of coins in my pocket. After being redirected, dropped and generally annoyed I then find myself back with the credit control department. They are still trying to sort out my direct debit but as yet have not reconnected my line. The story still continues, that was 1 week ago. I am now cut off from everyone, my work requires that my phone works, my family are no doubt worrying why they cannot connect.

Based on my experienced with BT, Cable and Wireless and World online, I recommend that nobody signs up with World Online. Cable and Wireless are your best bet for customer service. For the sake of your pets, Leave other mickey mouse companies alone.

• burnie published 24/05/2001
    sorry to hear about the problems you have had. I am with worldonline and have received a letter telling me that they are no longer going to be a phone company, but are trying to concentrate on being an ISP!! They suggested i try a phone company Servista.com-anyone heard of them? nice op- hope your dog is okay!
  • cjkace published 17/05/2001
    They are a total bunch of tosspots. Be careful with your direct debit too. as my brother in law was with these and they never took any money out of his account for nine months, then tried to bill him for all of it. Keep an eye on your account, and if they don't present the DDs get in touch. Don't allow it get too far behind. Cheers - Craig
  • gennymutant published 17/05/2001
    Sounds like a company to avoid. I hope your dog forgave you :)

Product Information : World Online

Listed on Ciao since: 06/07/2000

World Online - Review - Don't Bother with World Offline

kitt 1

kitt

Member since:30.07.2000

Don't Bother with World Offline

17.05.2001

Advantages:
None

Disadvantages:
All

Line Quality

Customer service quality

Tariffs & Charges

Range of services (call waiting, etc)

Customer service waiting timesVery long

Accuracy of ChargesSatisfactory

1. Bastien
  2. 1234
somewhat helpful by (13%):
  1. heneghan

I then cycle 10 miles to the nearest phonebox, grasping my account information and 5 1 coins. 5 later and I am still onhold with their customer services department. The money runs out. Frustrated, I return home and shout at my Dog again.

The next day, after apologising to the Dog, I get up early and cycle 10 miles this time with 10 of coins in my pocket. After being redirected, dropped and generally annoyed I then find myself back with the credit control department. They are still trying to sort out my direct debit but as yet have not reconnected my line. The story still continues, that was 1 week ago. I am now cut off from everyone, my work requires that my phone works, my family are no doubt worrying why they cannot connect.

Write your own review Report a problem with this reviews content

burnie 24.05.2001 17:50

cjkace 17.05.2001 13:10

gennymutant 17.05.2001 12:58

Sounds like a company to avoid. I hope your dog forgave you :)