World Online

Customer service waiting times
Tariffs & Charges
Accuracy of Charges

"Mixed Feelings"

I have very mixed feelings about this company. Like many others I signed up with localtel to take advantage of their free off peak internet access and lower normal call rates.

Then, much to my dismay I found that I was changing to World Online and had no choice in the matter.

This did offer me the advantage of 24hr free internet access for an additional £5.00 above my normal charges per month and although 99% of my net time is during off peak times I decided to take this option as my kids are getting to that age where they will soon know more about computers than I do but still have no real concept of the cost of living.

I have yet to receive a bill from World Online but if my experience with Localtel is anything to go by then I suspect that they will be few and far between and make little sense when I get them.

Overall I have very few connection problems to the internet, just the odd glitch which is a vast improvement on the early days of Localtel/Screaming.net where it could easily take 30-60 minutes to get connected.

In summary, whilst I am peeved that I really had no choice but to switch to World Online so far I have found the sevice to be good and would reccomend anybody who spends a lot of time surfing the net to sign up with them.

Product Information : World Online