Wychwood Super Light Bedchair

Wychwood Super Light Bedchair

Fishing Accessories

Review of "Wychwood Super Light Bedchair"

published 13/03/2007 | yackers1
Member since : 07/03/2007
Pro Exceptinally light, very comfortable
Cons expensive compare to other 2 leg bed chairs
Ease of Use

"Light weight but not for everyone"

It was whilst packing away on a hot, sunny day after a weekends fishing that I realised how heavy my bed chair was. For something so comfortable it weighed an absolute ton and after a packing away all my kit I found I had no more room on the barrow.

After struggling with the chair I decided to upgrade to a new one. It was in my local dealers that I found the Wychwood Superlight.

The superlight is available in both two leg and 3 leg, depending on how clumsy/heavy you are.

I have always bought 2 leg chairs since these tend to be a bit smaller, and lighter.

The superlight 2 leg is not the most comfortable bed chair on the market (it is no cocoon) but it is by far means not the most uncomfortable chair. Besides, I don't want anything to comfortable otherwise I end up actually sleeping and not dozing which could lead to missed runs!

The 2 leg is rated to 15 stone and is perfectly wide enough for the average man. I do not know how a larger framed man would find it. In 2 leg form the bed chair is perfectly stable enough, unless you are a fidgety sleeper, or like to have fun whilst fishing ; ) A bit of care is needed when sitting down, and getting up to ensure that the chair doesn't tip over.

The best thing about the superlight, as its name suggests, is it's weight. The 2 leg weighs in at 6.2kg - less than half the weight of my old bedchair - which was a JRC weighing in at a massive 15.8kg. The weight reduction is achieved ny having an aluminium frame as opposed to a steel one.

Although the superlight is less than half the weight it is almost double the price! Again, this is the result of the frame being made of aluminium.

At the end of the day a bed chair is to doze and rest on. If you can justify paying double the price for a smaller chair then go for the superlight.

This chair is more likely to appeal to the roving angler, or those that just go for the night. It is best in situations where travelling light is of the utmost importance. I doubt the set up and put anglers that stay in the same swim for days of end are likely to find the superlights additional cost is worth the weight saving.

The superlight is definitely worth a purchase, although it is not the best bedchair out there.

This review was read 1908 times and was rated at

• HotBabes published 14/03/2007
    Gosh £80 for a chair, but if it does the job you want. As it's not comfy there's no chance of you missing any bites! x