The overall rating of a review is different from a simple average of all individual ratings.
Share this review on
We are a studio based in Montreal, Canada. This is the 1 place I found where I can post a review on this printer.
As rated, this product has poorly designed and hence I would never recommend a xerox large format printer after having been acquainted with 2 of them. Professionals are much better off with HP that are superior and quite more reliable.
Here are the flaws I have to point out:
- Mechanics that renders the daily use annoying: rear load of media requires a lot more working area
- type of rear load not precise since printing a 10 foot ot more banner can get skewed at the end if media is not loaded completely straght into printer. Hence a non print margin of .5 inches can narrow down to nothing from start to end of print
- "on" & "off" button is ridiculously positioned next to other function buttons on main interface. One can easily switch off by accident while performing certain tasks.
- Xerox sells a 220cc & 440cc ink cartridge. While the 220cc fits nicely benind an enclosed space, the 44cc ink cartrige sticks out by 10" outside the casing, and is not protected by a closed door, One can accidentaly knock against the cartridges that really protrude from the machine and thus damage the inside connection. Buying 2 times 220 cc cost more that 1 440 cc!!
- Troublesome front roll windup as printed media comes out. A counter weight system that activates sensor to wind up paper has to be locked and unlocked everytime it is used compared to simply switching on and off a winding mechanism as with other large format printers.
- Daily & weekly maintenance required access to constrained spaces with cleaning kit supplied by Xerox. Not practical when looking in mirror to clean around print head eadges while avaidiong contacy with printhead surface.
- While quality & print details is excellent, print uniformity is not at par. Some streaking have been noticed a few times during printing. Heat elements also affects print with patterns of the heating surface getting "stamped" on print areas with high ink densities.
I good thing about Xerox is their great service. Unfortunately their range of large format printers cannot get the same praise.