Yamaha PSR-E413

Yamaha PSR-E413

Review of "Yamaha PSR-E413"

published 05/02/2010 | Art007
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Satisfactory
Pro Digital display, some good sounds
Cons POOR QUALITY, UNRELIABLE.
Sound Quality
Range of Sounds
Look & Feel
Design/Ease of Use
Instruction Manual

"E413"

I purchased the PSR E413 in early 2009. With 999 voices and 200 + beats, I payed £195 for it from Argos. Initially I was very impressed with the keyboard which is verging on being a synth you know. Anyway I've had a lot of fun with it over the past year. It's a good looking keyboard and has a nice digital display.

Over the past two weeks the E413 has stopped working, it wasn't the adapter which I tried on another keyboard, which indeed works. So my E413 looks great and is unmarked, the only problem is it doesn't play a bleeding note! It's over it's 1 year warranty now so I'm either going to take it to pieces or recycle it at the local rubbish tip.

My other Yamaha electric piano which I've had 2 years is now on it's way out too. My advice would be to get a "Casio" or something similar instead, or the same might happen to you. I had a Casio in my teens which to look at was dented, cracked, chipped but lasted 15 years! I won't be buying any more Yamaha's.

I have actually taken it to pieces and resoldered. The connections and electronics inside are not high quality, connections are held in place by mere clips (like paper clips) which move and sag.

This truly is a very poor effort for Yamaha, whom I thought were of quite good quality.
As of today the E413 does not work at all, so I've sadly taken it to the rubbish tip to be recycled.

DO NOT BUY THIS KEYBOARD IT IS CHEAPLY MADE AND OF POOR QUALITY.

I WILL NEVER BUY YAMAHA AGAIN!! I AM GLAD TO SEE THE BACK OF IT.

• x-stcy-x published 05/02/2010
    More info would be good x
  • mdstone published 05/02/2010
    You would expect this to last longer than 12 months, it is clearly not fit for purpose. My advice would be to write to Argos and bring to their attention the Sale of Goods Act which covers you for faulty goods for up to 6 years after purchase. If you can convince them that the product is not up to scratch then they should provide a replacement or refund. Look it up!
  • ScotShelle published 05/02/2010
    Would love to know bit more, number and type of instrument sounds, background music type and amount, is it a full size key board etc. Good value for money. Shelle x

Product Information : Yamaha PSR-E413

Yamaha PSR-E413 keyboard - 61 touch responsive keys, 500 sounds, 160 styles, 2 assignable knobs for filter, effects, equalizer and tempo. Reverb, chorus, master EQ, USB port, sustain pedal connection, headphone/line out (stereo jack), 2 x 2.5W speaker system, powered via batteries or optional power supply (order code: 131612). Includes Yamaha Education Suite version 4. Dimensions: 946 x 136 x 402mm. Weight: 7kg. Colour: Silver.

Long Name: PSR-E413, PSR-E413 Set

Art007

Member since:01.01.1970

E413

05.02.2010 (11.10.2010)

Advantages:
Digital display, some good sounds

Disadvantages:
POOR QUALITY, UNRELIABLE .

Recommendable No:

9 Ciao members have rated this review on average: somewhat helpful See ratings
  1. x-stcy-x
  2. azana
somewhat helpful by (78%):
  1. TheHairyGodmother
  2. costas1234
  3. Borg

I purchased the PSR E413 in early 2009. With 999 voices and 200 + beats, I payed 195 for it from Argos. Initially I was very impressed with the keyboard which is verging on being a synth you know. Anyway I've had a lot of fun with it over the past year. It's a good looking keyboard and has a nice digital display.

DO NOT BUY THIS KEYBOARD IT IS CHEAPLY MADE AND OF POOR QUALITY.

I WILL NEVER BUY YAMAHA AGAIN!! I AM GLAD TO SEE THE BACK OF IT.

Write your own review Report a problem with this reviews content

x-stcy-x 05.02.2010 22:40