Yamaha Stage Custom Drumkit

Yamaha Stage Custom Drumkit

Drum Kit

Review of "Yamaha Stage Custom Drumkit"

published 26/03/2009 | callzoom
Member since : 15/03/2009
Pro costs cheaper, good sound quality (with the correct settings)
Cons his name has not been well
Quality of sound
Ease of buying accessories
How well constructed is it?

"Price is not parallel with the quality"

My husband is the drummer. He play many various drums. We often discussed about music instruments. In 1995, we purchased a drum set for our son, and my husband chose the Yamaha because it costs cheaper than other brands, and there are accidental discount. In fact I am still unsure of the cheap product. But my husband said that the price is not parallel with the quality.

Then my husband explained each part of this product one by one.
  1. Bass drum, toms and floor-tom, made of wood that produces a good sound. And he tap-strum wooden drum with the fingers compared with the drum beat on the wood another brand (sorry, I can not mention the brand). Knock on wood drum produces a tone that is too long. The difference between the resonant voice, and without resonance. Example: 'DHUG' and 'THUG'.
  2. Knocking on the skin this product also produce a different sound compared to other products, As long tones and short tones. Example: 'DUUNG' and 'DUNG'.
  3. This product is made of strong metal. Bolts can not be easily broken or loose. Cymbal is not easily torn / ripped, even though the sound is less good than other brands that produce special Cymbal. Each ring strong enough to bind the body toms / bass drum.
  4. Metal product is coated on the material that is not easily corroded. Because we live near the sea, we are very concerned about the rust. If the metal exposed to rust, then it is not only the beauty, but will also disrupt the function.
  5. Once all the material passes qualification, employment is the last adjustment. A good drum sounds derived from the correct setting.

Correct course. After arriving home, my family install items directly, by following the instructions from my husband. Starting from the kick / bass drum, and then install the 2 toms, floor tom and then the snares, and last cymbals placed.
There are some additional materials, such as cloth and the plasters. Cloth is placed on the skin in the bass drum, in order to produce a softer sound. While the plasters is placed on the snares and toms.'Do - sol - me - do - sol' so often that we hear, from the high tone on the snares to the low tone on the bass-drum. One by one part of the drum beaten, then more setup, to get sounds that are expected.

Then my husband invite friends to fellow musicians. They played 1-2 songs in a band. And his friends say: "A good drum sound!"

• Jake_Speed published 21/09/2011
    interesting
  • retireduser published 19/05/2009
    Good review. ^_^
  • scream4bruce published 28/03/2009
    Sorry about the rating but the review reads like it's come off a translator and thus makes for tricky understanding.