Review of "Yamaha YBR 125"

published 25/08/2011 | jonixon
Member since : 25/08/2011
Pro Fuel economy, reliability, smooth engine, electric and kick start.
Cons Handle bar mirrors not wide enough.
Performance
Reliability
Handling
Customer service

"Yamaha YBR 125 has staggering fuel economy."

Due to the ever increasing cost of petrol, I decided enough was enough and stopped using my car.I`ve had many motorcycles over the years including Yamahas of various engine capacities.I chose a Yamaha as they have never let me down in 40 years of motorcycling.The YBR 125 has proved to have the legendary reliability that comes as standard with the Yamaha brand, but what really amazed me was the staggering fuel economy that the bike delivers.I have checked the consumption several times using the brimming method and the bike is averaging over 130 mpg!
I have owned this bike for over two years and can say it has saved me a small fortune.It`s the smoothest single cylinder bike I`ve ever ridden due no doubt to the balancer shaft technology which cancels out the vibration inherent in a conventional single cylinder layout.The bike is parked outside in all weathers, and in the last two bitterly cold winters we have had, the bike starts first touch of the button.Without a doubt it`s the best commuter bike I`ve ever owned.
John Nixon - Stoke on Trent.