Yankee Candle Cherries on Snow Tumbler

Yankee Candle Cherries on Snow Tumbler

General Home Decor & Accessories - Type: Candle/Candle Holder - Scented Candle

Review of "Yankee Candle Cherries on Snow Tumbler"

published 17/10/2011 | Elysia2003
Member since : 11/02/2010
Plucking up the courage to start reviewing again.
Pro Upliftying, fruity fragrance
Cons Just a hint of Christmas - it's more like Christmas baking.

"Cherry Granita"

Very attractive tumbler design.

Very attractive tumbler design.

Cherry on Snow Tumbler by Yankee Candle

It’s coming up to Christmas now, and our local garden centre was having a special event to showcase all the brand new Christmas items. As ever with such a promotion, members with a loyalty card received 20% off their purchases. This made my newest Yankee product so much more affordable, and the sole reason why I purchased a candle, rather than my usual Tarts.

The Story Behind The Company

I think everyone is aware how the Yankee Candle company started, so I’ll just give a quick recap for people who don’t. Yankee was formed initially at the end of the 60’s, by a young lad, who melted down his crayons, to give a gift to his mother. A neighbour saw the candle and loved it so much that she purchased it there and then. This enabled him to purchase more crayons, and so the company was born.
Cheery Cherry

Being part of the Christmas range this year, I was instantly drawn to Cherries on Snow. It is a bright, cheery, red colour, and evokes feeling of Christmas just by looking at it. It is a true holly berry red. Black Cherry is my all time favourite fragrance from this brand. Well, it was, until now. Anything cherry gets my vote.

The garden centre stocked a wide variety of items in this fragrance, all except the tarts, which ironically would have been my first choice. I’m pleased though, a tart would have give me a maximum of 12 hours fragrance by breaking it in half, but with careful burning of my candle, I can receive up to 45 hours of wonderful aroma from this stunning candle.
Tumbler

I chose the small tumbler over the normal house warmer style jar, simply because it’s more contemporary and fits more with my décor. Although I love Cath Kidston and shabby chic style, I much more prefer simplistic, classic design. The straight lines of the tumbler edges, the silver disc lid, and modern styling fits with this theme.

Recommendations for Use

To get the best from this and any other candle, you need to keep the wick trimmed to a quarter of an inch. This will prevent any mushrooming of the wick, and smoking of the candle. I’ve learned from my mistakes, more than once I’ve omitted to do this and ended up with smoke marks on my wallpaper, where I’ve left a lit candle on the mantle.

You also need to light this candle for a minimum of two to three hours per time. This will enable the wax to melt evenly across the surface, preventing tunnelling and lessening the life of the candle.

Fragrance

After lighting this candle, you will be greeted with a wonderful fresh summery smell, at odds with its wintry connotations. The top notes of cherry are instantly recognisable and fruity and delicious.

There is warmth to it too, it gives the fragrance depth. This addition is almond. This is where the Christmassy fragrance hits you – it’s the wonderful aroma a marzipan and reminds me of Christmas cake. Altogether the fragrance is sweet and mouth watering, but not overwhelmingly so.

There is an icy edge to it but I can’t figure out exactly what it is. I have a feeling it’s due to the addition of mint. If you aren’t a lover of minty scents, you’ll be fine with this, it’s just a hint that tones down some of the sweetness.
My Thoughts

I’m now torn – do I prefer the intense warmth and depth of the Black Cherry, or do I prefer the lightness, and sweetness of the Cherries on Snow? I know, I’ll have two favourites; after all it’s a woman’s prerogative to change her mind. I think I prefer the Cherry on Ice for daytime use and Black Cherry for seductive, fruity, warmth on a dark and dreary evening.

Wholly recommended by me. I love it, can you tell? :o)

Just for reference this is always available in the following variants:

Tea lights
Tarts Wax Potpourri
Sampler Votive Candle
Small Tumbler (one wick)
Medium and Large Tumblers (two wicks for an intense, and speedier room fragrancing)
Small, Medium and Large House Warmer Jars
Car Jar (standard and ultimate)
Electric Home Air Freshener
Reed diffuser

If you would like further information, please take a look at the Yankee Candle website, found at http://www.yankeecandle.com/detail/cherries-on-snow/1218458
Thanks for reading my review. I hope it has been of some use to you.

This review may be posted on other sites.

• MizzMolko published 30/10/2011
    I'm not a fan of cherry scents but the Yankee range has a lot of fans : ) Eleanor x
  • dee7778 published 28/10/2011
    I must be the only person who didn't know that story!
  • frankiecesca published 21/10/2011
    Time for me to get the Christmas Yankee candles bought all ready for the season! Lol x