Yankee Candle Cinnamon Stick Jar

Yankee Candle Cinnamon Stick Jar

Review of "Yankee Candle Cinnamon Stick Jar"

published 09/01/2012 | cha97michelle
Member since : 12/12/2005
Back after a 6 month break - not quite sure how it was that long, but hoping to stay now I have more time again.
Pro powerful smell, only needs to burn for a short while, very festive
Cons smell could be too much if you prefer subtle fragrances.

"Brings the smell of Kola Cubes to the house"

After many months of reading gorgeous reviews of yankee candles, I have been drawn over to the dark side, and found myself wanting to see what all the fuss was about. After all, if so many people rave about them, they have to be good. Right?

I took some advice from Nar about the best place to purchase from, and ended up at yankee direct uk's website, where I started lusting over all the gorgeous colours and scents on offer. I selected myself 10 different votive candles at £1.60 each, on offer at 10 for the price of 8. I added on a holder, and some christmas presents, and waited excitedly for my order to reach me.

A few days later, I was excited to see my parcel arrive. On opening the first box, I was overwhelmed with the scent of the cinnamon sticks candle. I could only really smell that coming from the box before I unwrapped all the packaging, and I decided that this was the first candle I should try from my range.

The candle is quite orange in its appearance. A sort of burnt sienna type colour, which is a dull dark orange. The scent is released without any burning of the candle. The first time I burned it, it was only on for about 10 minutes before we blew it out, and we were overwhelmed by the smell.

I had been cooking sausages for tea that night, and you could not even smell the casserole I had cooked for the smell of the candle. It confused my husband totally when he walked in and wondered what was for tea.

The smell also really reminds me of the smell of Kola cube sweets. When I was working as a science teacher, I used to do a rock weathering experiment where we put kola cubes and sugar cubes in a jam jar and then shook them to see what happened to the 'rocks.' The smell of this candle takes me back to that completely, the smell as you opened the jar to weigh the contents and see what had happened.

I quite like this smell, but I can see that it might be too overpowering for some. It is a scent that lingers too. I have not burned the candle for a good few days, but we can still smell it all the time in the downstairs of the house. I see that as good value as this little candle packs a powerful punch for the price, but it depends how much you like cinnamon. I personally find it a lovely scent, particularly for the time of year, and I am so glad that I decided to take the plunge and become a Yankee fan. I'll have to put this in another room so I can try out some of the other fragrances that I bought. The kids keep egging me on to try the Christmas Eve and Cream Caramel ones, and I won't let them wait too long.

• jesi published 12/01/2012
    I rather like Cinnamon Stick . . . I have tried mainly 'Votive' candles and some 'wax tarts' which I got at very special prices from Yankeedoodle.co.uk in various scents; mainly I like the spicy ones; I found Balsam&Cedar too powerfully like pine, but when I found the 'good morning' tart too sweet, I crumbled off an edge and added some of the dark green Balsam tart and it took the sweet edge off the tart without overpowering the scent . . . &#9829 ~ Jesi ~ &#9829
  • angelboouk123 published 09/01/2012
    one of my favourites x
  • catsholiday published 09/01/2012
    Welcome to the world of Yankee!

Product Information : Yankee Candle Cinnamon Stick Jar

Yankee Candle - Cinnamon Stick Large Jar (22oz) The fragrant mystery of imported cinnamon bundled with cloves. Experience the authentic, true-to-life fragrance and renowned Yankee Candle® quality that have made us America's favourite. The traditional design of our signature jar candles reflects a warm, relaxed sense of style that's always at home. Convenient and easy to use, these long-burning jars provide hours of true fragrance enjoyment. They're also the ideal gift for any occasion. Burn time: 110-150hrs

Type: Candle/Candle Holder; Home Fragrances