Yankee Candle Coastal Waters Wax Tart

Yankee Candle Coastal Waters Wax Tart

General Home Decor & Accessories - Type: Candle/Candle Holder - Scented Candle

Review of "Yankee Candle Coastal Waters Wax Tart"

published 24/04/2012 | louisechackett
Member since : 05/08/2006
OH MY GOD! Matt Cardle is now following me on Twitter! Watch this space ;)
Pro Gorgeous strong scent
Cons none

"Yankee Candle coastal waters wax tart "

Ever since I discovered yankee candle wax tarts through reading numerous reviews on them I have loved them. I have my favourite fragrances of course but I am always excited to pick up new ones to try too. One of the ones I picked up from my local card and gift shop recently was the coastal waters fragrance and this is my review.

I am sure many people are familiar with wax tarts and what they are but for those of us who are not it is basically a wickless disc of fragranced wax which is designed to be melted in a burner using the heat from a tea light candle. The wax tarts come in many fragrances and seem to change quite frequently too adapting as the seasons change or so I have found anyway.

The wax tart comes wrapped tightly in a clear plastic wrapper which I find I always need to attack with scissors or a knife before I can get to the wax tart. The coastal waters packaging features a picture of a sea scene with waves lapping on the beach which I think gives a good idea of how the fragrance is going to be and for me I anticipated it would be quite fresh and somewhat calming somehow.

The blue wax tart fits nicely in the top of my burner and begins to melt quite quickly whilst releasing the fragrance as it turns in to a liquid wax. The scent from this wax tart is very fresh and clean smelling and almost reminds me of a fabric conditioner in a way! I find that the scent is really refreshing and I think it helps to clear my head as well when I am going about doing my jobs at home in the morning. Whilst the tart is meant to replicate the smell of the ocean spray and I am not entirely sure it does that for me it does give a refreshing, sweet fragrance which I think is very nice and so I am more than happy to burn this one in my home.

What I like about this fragrance is that it is a quite strong one as it burns and for me this is a good thing as it masks any dog smells that may be lingering around from my old collie. The burner is placed at the bottom of my stairs on a book case but it fills upstairs with fragrance too which is nice. The tart gives around eight hours of fragrance which is average for a wax tart and so I cannot complain there.

A wax tart costs between £1 and £1.20 from what I have seen and I think in this case that it is money well spent as it offers a high quality and fresh fragrance.

Thank you for reading my review!

• daisyleex published 24/04/2012
    I've not tried this one yet. xx
  • angelboouk123 published 24/04/2012
    lovely, I've not spotted this one before x