Yankee Candle Country Lemonade Wax Tart

Yankee Candle Country Lemonade Wax Tart

General Home Decor & Accessories - Type: Candle/Candle Holder - Scented Candle

Review of "Yankee Candle Country Lemonade Wax Tart"

published 01/05/2012 | star3683
Member since : 14/11/2010
Pro Fresh, zesty fragrance, long lasting, good value
Cons Nothing

"Zesty Tart!"

I had never even heard of Yankee candles until I started reading people's reviews of them on Dooyoo. Like most people I love for my home to smell nice and also have a love of scented candles but I am often left disappointed by the lack of fragrance that actually comes from most of them. The first Yankee candle wax tart that I treated myself to was Christmas Eve which was just wonderful. But recently with the weather taking a turn towards Spring I have been trying more fruity fragrances. At the weekend I decided to pop into Clintons Cards and found that they had some Yankee candles on sale so thought I would treat myself to some different fragranced wax tarts. There were a few different fragrances that I had previously heard of and wanted to try and luckily one of them, country lemonade was in the sale. As soon as I picked it up I could smell the wonderful zesty fragrance through the wrapper and just had to buy it.

Yankee candles can be purchased in a variety of different sizes starting with the little wax tarts and going right up to large jars. The current prices on www.yankee.co.uk are as follows:
- Wax tart - £1.20
- Small Tumbler - £9.45
- Medium Tumbler - £14.75
- Large Tumbler - £18.25
- Perfect Pillar- £14.99
The candles can also be purchased from various other websites including eBay and amazon. You can also find them in many department stores, Clintons cards and some independent stores. I actually paid just £0.60 for the Country Lemonade wax tart in Clintons as they had selected tarts on a half price special offer which I thought was a great bargain.

The Country Lemonade wax tart comes packaged in the same way as all the wax tarts do, in a clear plastic wrapper which is wrapped tightly around the fluted disc of wax. There is a sticker both on the front and the back of the wrapper, the front sticker has a picture of two jugs of lemonade and lemons on to reflect the fragrance. On the back sticker there are instructions of how to use the tart in pictures and it states that the wax tart has a 8 hour burn time and weighs 22g.

The wax tart is easy to remove from the packaging by using a pair of scissors to snip the plastic allowing the tart to be taken out. The tart is a very pale yellow colour and is approximately half an inch deep and two inches across. I could actually smell the fruity, zesty fragrance of this tart through the wrapper before I had begun to remove it. The fragrance is just wonderfully fresh, fruity and reminded me of sherbet. As the wax tarts are just discs of wax and do not have a wick like a candle then you need to use a tart burner with a tea light underneath to melt them to allow the fragrance to be released. You can purchase the tart burners from the above websites or from most Yankee stockists.

The Country Lemonade tart as I stated before is quite a strong fragrance so almost as soon as the tart begins to melt you can smell the zesty lemon fragrance wafting through the room. Even my husband who is not normally very struck on fragranced candles or room fragrances commented on how nice the tart smelt. Yankee wax tarts are made with natural fruit extracts so do smell quite natural and not overly artificial. I live in an apartment which has quite a large open plan living area and the fragrance from the tart quickly spreads throughout the whole room leaving it smelling wonderful. I started to burn this tart last night and this morning I could still lightly smell the fragrance. Although the tart states that the burning time is 8 hours I find that with the stronger fragrances such as this they do last a while longer. Once your tea light goes out or you extinguish it the wax will start to solidify again, I generally burn one tart for around four nights for a few hours until I begin to notice the scent fading, so I find the tarts very good value as well as great smelling.

Overall this is a another lovely scent from Yankee and one that I will certainly recommend and re-purchase. It's wonderful fresh, fruity fragrance is uplifting and makes my home smell fantastic and certainly makes me feel
uplifted. I think this is a lovely fragrance to burn on a summers evening as it is still quite strong but light and fresh too and certainly reminds me of drinking fresh lemonade on a hot summers day!