JEFFJEN 4

JEFFJEN

About me: I don't have time to thank you all individually for the rates, but I appreciate them all. Thanks :)

Member since:23.04.2008

Sherbert Lemon tealights.

30.04.2012

Advantages:
Lovely fragrance

Disadvantages:
Tealights don't give off as strong a scent as wax tarts or votives .

37 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. KateHurst
  2. GodfatherOfSoul
  3. xmum2fourx

Yankee Candle's Lemon Lavender fragrance is one of my favourite Yankee scents. Indeed I have purchased this in its wax tart and votive sampler formats on a number of occasions. Even though I am not a big fan of lavender scented products, the blend of the Lavender here with the zesty lemon fragrance gives this scented wax a citrus twist as the two scents blend together perfectly, providing a unique scent but which is most definitely lemon and lavender.

So when I spotted these Lemon Lavender tealights after Christmas reduced in a sale in Clintons to just over £3.00, which is under half-price for these tealights, I didn't hesitate to buy them as I knew I liked the scent. My only worry was that with them being tealights and not my preferred wax tarts or votives, they would possibly not be as good, due to the tealights not giving off as strong a scent as the tarts and votives.

The tealights come packaged in an attractive cardboard box containing 12 tealights. The wax is an appealing lavender colour and photographs of lemons and lavender adorn the packaging.

The tealights have a burn time of 4-6 hours each according to Yankee. However I found that I achieved around 4-5 hours on average for each one. Instead of the tealights being in those round foil containers that tealights usually come in, the containers are clear plastic, allowing you to see all of the coloured wax. I placed these in various tealight holders around the house.

After lighting one of the tealights, I did notice the fragrance beginning to appear in the air after a few minutes of burning but the fragrance wasn't as strong as when burning a wax tart or a votive. I had to light four of these tealights to achieve a considerable strength of fragrance and to be able to fully appreciate the scent. The first time I ever bought this fragrance I was reminded immediately of 'Sherbert Lemon' sweets when the wax was burning and these were no different of course, but the fizziness of the Lemon Lavender fragrance which you experience when using the wax tart was lacking a little here. The lemon scent I think dominates this fragrance but the lavender scent is also evident as a subtle background scent. Whilst it is the lemon you notice first, the lavender then appears shortly after and together they blend perfectly. This is definitely one of Yankee's best pairings.

The scent didn't seem to hang in the air for long after extinguishing the candles either when compared to the wax tart format and so overall these tealights are not as strong. Having said that, if I had never experienced the wax tart or votive formats prior to buying these tealights, I probably would have been over the moon with these! It is only because I have used the wax tarts and votives that in comparison to those, these tealights are not as good in terms of strength of fragrance.

A box of 12 tealights are currently priced at £6.25 direct from www.yankee.co.uk, which I think is quite expensive but they can often be found cheaper from Amazon and other online Yankee stockists. Indeed a box of these tealights are currently priced at £4.99 from Amazon, a saving of £1.46 on the RRP. They can also be purchased from department stores and card and gift shops such as Clintons and Collectables where they often have Yankee fragrances reduced, so it pays to shop around and keep an eye out for reductions.

Whilst I love this Lemon Lavender fragrance, I won't purchase these tealights again unless I see they are reduced in price again, as overall I feel that in terms of fragrance and longevity, the wax tarts are better value for money.

Write your own review Write a review and you will earn 2p per rating if other members rate your review at least helpful. Write a review and you will earn 2p per rating if other members rate your review at least helpful.   Report a problem with this review’s content

catsholiday 30.04.2012 16:02

This is one I loved as a tart