Yankee Candle Lemon Lavender Wax Potpourri Tart

Yankee Candle Lemon Lavender Wax Potpourri Tart

Review of "Yankee Candle Lemon Lavender Wax Potpourri Tart"

published 27/04/2012 | supersonic75
Member since : 03/01/2009
Rates not sticking Grr…!!
Pro Really different and amazingly smells beautiful
Cons None

"No confusion over this lemon/ lavender fusion"

Lemon Lavender Wax Tart

Lemon Lavender Wax Tart

*~*Introduction*~*

I've been buying Yankee wax tarts since just before Christmas last year so have to admit I'm a relatively new kid on the block when it comes to using them. Because there is such a vast array of fragrances I've been trying to try new ones every time I have bought some, mainly to get a better idea of which I prefer or aren't keen on for future purchases.

I have to admit I've been reading a lot of reviews on different fragrances and they have slightly biased my buying decisions and I do take different peoples opinions on board. One such fragrance that I probably would have never picked if not for reading positive reviews on several sites is this - Lavender Lemon Wax Tart by Yankee.

My review will now focus on my experiences of using this product.

*~*Price, packaging & availability*~*

Yankee tarts, as people will no doubt be aware of by now, are basically discs of fragranced wax that resemble a wick less candle. They are melted in an appropriate burner where once the wax melts it turns into an liquid type substance and emits whichever fragrance you happen to have purchased. They are a rounded disc with fluted edges and are sealed via a plastic wrapper with an accompanying sticker on the front with a relevant picture to the designated scent, which in this case is of unsurprisingly some lemons and lavender.

Prices range from as little as 60p upwards to £1.50 though the average price seems to be around £1.20. They are available from a variety of places including card shops and online and I tend to buy from Ebay shops for the simple procedure of using any funds that are in my pay pal account.

*~*My experience of using this*~*

On opening this lemon/ lavender fusion I was met with an interesting aroma of equal amounts of both fragrances. The wax tart itself is a lovely pale lavender in colour but don't be fooled into thinking the lavender takes over in the fragrance department because the lemon is every bit as noticeable.

On placing in my wax tart burner I was already aware of the quite strong aroma of the tart and found once the tea light was placed underneath the fragrance immediately became more defined and prominent.

As I've stated before in these types of reviews, I live in a small cottage which is all on one level with a total of 6 rooms. The kitchen is the most central of my rooms and if burning any scented candles, oils or wax tarts I place on my window sill in here as it is the safest place and also the fragrance can float evenly through my home.

I found within minutes of the wax tart starting to heat up that the fragrance became much stronger and started to waft through to each of my rooms very quickly, leaving a fresh and crisp aroma in it's wake.

I wont deny that the lavender used here is very strong and if you are not a fan then this wont be a fragrance you will like, however the addition of lemon makes this a very interesting combination as the lavender gives off a soothing aroma with the lemon counteracting adding a 'zingy' scent to it.

*~*Recommended?*~*

I can honestly say this is not a fragrance I would have chosen at all, yes I quite like lavender and yes I quite like lemon but added together? It just sounds so wrong yet smells so amazingly right.

I really do like this aromatic offering as it only needs to be used sporadically as the fragrance is strong as mentioned so I tend to burn only a small amount of the tart for a short period of time (I break into 4 if I can otherwise just in half). I normally extinguish the tea light after one hour as in this time the fragrance is very noticeable in each room and the scent lingers for a good 2 hours afterwards making this a very good buy indeed.

I'm slowly working my way through different fragrances from Yankee, though am sticking to the wax tart variety at the moment, and I have to say that this is one I will definitely be making a repeat purchase of in the near future. There is nothing I don't like about this as it's such a diverse pairing but the lavender and lemon just work together so well making it a fantastic combination and one I would never have thought I would like.

Yankee tarts give on average 8 hours of burning time but I would say the longevity on this particular one is by the best as it only needs to be burned for short periods of time so lasts quite a long time.

A very different and interesting offering that is certainly worth checking out.

*****Please note that the wax tart is a lavender shade though the combination of electric lighting and the flash on my camera have made it look very pale in my photo!******

• AnneLorraine1 published 29/04/2012
    Exceptional
  • Jake_Speed published 28/04/2012
    Top banana! Or Lemon even.
  • dawnymarie published 27/04/2012
    This is a lovely fragrance ;) x