Yankee Candle Sicilian Lemon Wax Tart

Yankee Candle Sicilian Lemon Wax Tart

General Home Decor & Accessories - Type: Candle/Candle Holder - Candle

Review of "Yankee Candle Sicilian Lemon Wax Tart"

published 02/05/2012 | Myredpip
Member since : 18/01/2011
Live for today because tomorrow never comes x
Good
Pro Value for money
Cons Somewhat over bearing scent

"Tart or Lockets? You Decide...."

Sicilian lemon Yankee candle tart

I have read so many reviews for Yankee candles and tarts etc. to the point of getting sick of reading them. However my curiosity got the better of me as I was looking for something with a strong scent that was going to fragrance my home for a decent period of time. So I went ahead and bought myself everything I’d need in order to burn these very much talked about Yankee Tarts.

I actually ordered a pack of 10 individual tarts from Amazon which cost me around £10.00, all different fruit scents, the one I’m going to review is the Sicilian Lemon tart.

I was immediately hit by the strong scents of all the tarts together, which was somewhat over bearing when I first opened the pack, however on separating this one from the others I noticed its own very strong individual lemon scent. Opening the packet was a bit of a pain, by the time I got into it my hands smelt very strongly of lemon.

I did like the way it fit nice and neatly into the burner I’d bought, but thought to myself it was a lot smaller than I had imagined it to be, for some reason I expected the tart to be bigger than just a couple of inches diameter, anyway I lit the tea light under the burner and waited for a lovely strong scent of lemon to fill my room. It actually didn’t take long at all for the tart to start melting and for the scent to start circulating around the room. At first I was really impressed I really liked it, but after a while all I could smell was lockets and any other throat sweets. I know the scent was lemon which you would associate with throat sweets and the like but it began to make me feel like we were all munching away on throat sweets. My husband said the scent was very strong and it gave him a headache.

Now I don’t really mind the scent that much but I don’t think I’d buy another lemon tart, I guess this one just wasn’t for me or my household.

But that aside, the tart cost me around £1.00, it was worth it because I actually decided to time the amount of burn time it gave me and I clearly got more than the eight hours they say you get. So for me I think this tart was value for money. Each time I blew the tea light out the smell of lemon lingered for a fair amount of time afterwards as well.

So all in all I’m pleased I went ahead and bought the burner and tarts and I’m looking forward to trying all the others in the pack.

Thank you for reading my review which may appear on other sites.

• AnneLorraine1 published 02/05/2012
    Well reviewed Michelle x
  • catsholiday published 02/05/2012
    I like this one too
  • dawnymarie published 02/05/2012
    Sounds like it would overwhelm me too and my husband dislikes strong scents ;) x