Yankee Candle Wax Tart

Yankee Candle Wax Tart

General Home Decor & Accessories - Type: Candle/Candle Holder - Candle

Review of "Yankee Candle Wax Tart"

published 02/05/2012 | xxfoxyredxx
Member since : 01/10/2006
Reviews : 2005
Am currently popping loads of reviews on here from Dooyoo before that site crashes out completely! Happy to read and rate reviews as always....Christmas is a coming for all us all too soon eh! x Melanie x
Pro Everything
Cons None at all apart from the fact it ran out in the end!

"My fav lil tart so far!"

With four gorgeous but smelly hamsters (its actually my girl one that pongs the most!) I rather often not only clean them out and my flat but like to have something burning....like now to freshen the place up a bit.

Before I found and fell in love with Yankee I was buying candles, room fragrancers allsorts which were really hit and miss and then there was an influx of Yankee reviews and I decided to give the tarts a go as they promise about 8 hours of fragrance time and cost about £1.20 a tart which I thought was great value for money. Noawadays I don't buy any other brand of room fragrancers and never get bored of this huge range of fragrances.

The tart I have just finished burning in my living room as I type this is Bahama Breeze. I liked the colour of it, sniffed it in its wrapper and liked it so decided that as I hadn't tried it before I'd give it a go.

The Packaging:

Well the tart comes in a see through palstic wrapper and on the front of it we are told that it is Yankee Candle Bahama Breeze With Pure Natural Extracts and then on the back of it cautions are shown via diagrmans, the size is stated which is 22g and contact details for Yankee are given. Of course like most other Yankee products this comes in a variety of formats and not just the wax tart I purchased but in candles of different sizes too with the huge one in this fragrance costing about £18.00!

The Wax Tart Itself:

The wax tart is a light blue, heavy lump of round and set wax which is fluted to the edges. To use this you can easily snap it and place the amount you want over a tealight and in an oil burner, you can of course use the whole thing (as I did) or mix and match it up with other fragranced tarts to make a more unique fragrance.

So this melts as fast as all of the other wax tarts to a liquid, which is a couple of minutes. The fragrance of this is tropical and fruity with a strong but natural smell of mangos and pineapple to it in the main. It isn't a sickly or overpowering frgrance but very apparent, refreshing and uplifting to our senses in my humble opinion.

Mine has just ran out now after about 8 hours of burning time and I never burnt my continously but had it on for a bit, put it out (by blowing the tealight out) and then the wax set till the next time I wanted to use it.

This is simply a really wonderful scent of tropical summer and I love this one and shall certainly purchase it again though I will be treating myself to a huge candle of this one soon as I love it so much!

This review is also posted on Dooyoo under this same username.

• kiss_me2070 published 03/05/2012
    This is also one of my favourites.
  • catsholiday published 03/05/2012
    I am burning a really yummy tart now - warm spice!!
  • nickbrown60 published 02/05/2012
    This one sounds lovely! x