Yankee Candle White Gardenia Wax Tart

Yankee Candle White Gardenia Wax Tart

General Home Decor & Accessories - Type: Candle/Candle Holder - Candle

Review of "Yankee Candle White Gardenia Wax Tart"

published 30/04/2012 | Calla76
Member since : 14/07/2010
Thank you for all the reads and rates!
Pro A lovely fresh fragrance
Cons None for me

"Fresh as a gardenia!"

A load of tarts
This was another of the wax tarts I picked up recently on ebay - I actually bulk bought a bunch of tarts and although I usually opt for fruity or vanilla scents, I decided to try out something different too. I am not really a fan of floral scents so I was really unsure whether or not I would like this one.

How and where?
To use these tarts, you simply pop the wax into a special tart burner - although you can also use an oil burner if you have one that's the right sort of size. You then light a tealight underneath as you would with an oil burner - the wax tart has no wick of its own. You can then enjoy about eight hours of fragrance - and these can be re-used so you don't have to burn them all in one go.
As I have mentioned, I bought this as part of a bulk buy so it cost me less than £1, and if you have a look online you should be able to find this for around the same price. It is also available in other formats such as glass jars and tumblers that Yankee also produces.

So what does it smell like?
As you would probably expect, in the pack this has a fresh floral scent - and to be honest I really wasn't sure that I would like it. In fact... at first sniff it reminded me a bit of a rim block that you put in the loo!!! Obviously this worried me a bit but I decided to give it a whirl all the same - even if it meant by living room would end up smelling like the lav!
So I popped this into my oil burner (as I dn't bother with a tar burner as they do the same job) and lit the tealight - and waited.
After about 20 minutes I had sort of forgotten about the wax tart, but then my three-year-old came in the room and asked what the smell was and said she liked it. (She then added that it "smells like steam" so not sure how reliable a tester she is to be honest!) She was closely followed my husband who also remarked that the room smelt lovely. It took me a little longer to discern the fragrance myself, but once I did I had to agree that it was a lovely smell. Although, yes, it is a floral scent, it is more than that - it is actually very fresh and clean smelling and it really gives the room a light, fresh fragrance. And best of all, it doesn't remind me of the loo!

I'm a convert!
I didn't think I would like this wax tart, but I'm actually really glad I got it. Although I would probably still opt for a fruity scent most of the time, I really enjoy this as something different. It only takes about 45 minutes for the scent to fill the room and it really is a crisp, clean smell that seems very appropriate for springtime (even this ridiculously rainy one we're currently having). If you like clean cotton fragrances and subtle floral smells, then I would definitely recommend this wax tart to you.

• catsholiday published 01/05/2012
    Smells like steam - how sweet!