Yankee Candle Wild Passion Fruit Wax Tart

Yankee Candle Wild Passion Fruit Wax Tart

General Home Decor & Accessories - Type: Candle/Candle Holder - Candle

Review of "Yankee Candle Wild Passion Fruit Wax Tart"

published 03/05/2012 | angelboouk123
Member since : 01/06/2010
Busy working Mum to two boys and married to the love of my life <3
Pro lovely scent, refreshing, price
Cons the scent drops quickly

"Summery Sweetness!"

Wild Passion Fruit

Candle company Yankee Candle have recently released 5 new fragrances for Spring 2012. Wild Passion Fruit can be sampled in jar, tumbler, tea light, votive and wax tart format. A wax tart is a disc of scented wax which should melted in a turn or oil burner. Each tart is 22g in weight and promises at least 8 hours of fragrance.

Wild Passion Fruit in tart format is green. The tart is shrink wrapped for freshness and features an image label of colourful passionfruit. The official Yankee description of Wild Passion Fruit is..

'Bright and vivacious...this exotic passion fruit is blended with melon and mandarin'

Price and Availability

The new 2012 fragrances are available online and from Yankee stockists on the highstreet (including Clintons). A wax tart offers a purse friendly way to experience a Yankee scent. The average prices are as follows :
  • wax tart - £1.20
  • votives - £1.60
  • tea lights - £6.75
  • jars and tumblers - from £8.49 - £19.99

Online stockists include Amazon, eBay and www.yankeescents4.com.
My Thoughts

My final review of the new Yankee fragrances that have been released! I purchased a lot of 10 tarts including the 5 new fragrances back in April and have enjoyed sampling them even if I haven't been 100% pleased with them. Anyway, Wild Passion Fruit isn't exactly the most appealing colour but looks aren't everything!

Removing the wrapper. the tart is very fragrant and has a lovely fruity smell. It is definitely a day time scent and one which I popped in the tart burner whilst flitting about doing my household chores. The tart melts to reveal a pool of transparent green wax and I can't help but feel this should be a lime like scent due to the colour! The scent bursts out from the bowl and starts to filter around my living room, kitchen and gently into the hallway - it has a pleasant strength which is spot on and neither too heavy or too subtle which I appreciate.

I can't say that this scent is particularly 'wild' so I can assume that reference is to reflect the passion fruit being wild or something. It is a gorgeous scent though which has a delicious sweet flow when the scent first becomes noticeable around my living room. Wild Passion Fruit is full of flavour and is perfect for warm, Summery days.

The different fragrance notes I could detect blended well and the overall scent came through as being very natural as it flowed around the air. The mandarin is quite prominent and very fresh with sweet undertones as opposed to a citrussy aroma. The melon isn't very strong at all but there is quite a sharp edge to the scent which bursted through occasionally as the tart melted.

To be honest, the overall scent tickled my nose and senses for a few hours and I knew I recognised it. It was quite refreshing yet evidently sweet and bright. It clicked after the second tea light was lit - Lilt! It does smell like a candle version of that fizzy drink we all know as Lilt. I can't say I am fond of the actual taste of Lilt but I love the fruit, slightly sharp scent which makes me think of grapefruit. Small world eh?

Conclusion

I enjoyed using my Wild Passion Fruit tart - the overall fragrance appealed to me and did provide a full bodied, chilled out scent whilst eliminating homely odours. One aspect I wasn't impressed with was the way the scent started to fade after 2 hours or so each time I used it but would become lively again after the next tea light was used. Perhaps this is one scent which benefits from a short melting session but more frequent? Anyway, a pleasant scent all round and one which I experienced for around the 8 hour mark in total.

4 stars - thanks for reading x

• greenierexyboy published 15/05/2012
    Strewth...is that how much tea lights cost these days?
  • 1st2thebar published 04/05/2012