Year of the Gentleman - Ne-Yo

Year of the Gentleman - Ne-Yo

1 CD(s) - Soul - Label: Def Jam, Mercury - Distributor: Universal Music - Released: 18/06/2008, 15/09/2008 - 4988005517821, 602517749849

Review of "Year of the Gentleman - Ne-Yo"

published 27/11/2008 | marina321
Member since : 15/04/2008
Pro Great album, RnB, different tracks, ballads, dance tracks
Cons None
Originality
Quality and consistency of tracks
Cover / Inlay Design and Content
Lyrics

"'Miss Independent, that's why I love her...'"

Ne-yo's singles are really successful so far and he sure picks them well. His cool smooth music style, interesting lyrics, catchy choruses and intervals with the all so great voice and vocals to match all showcase his TALENT!

'Miss Independent' is my favourite track on this album and has to be one of Neyo's best tracks so far!, I suppose it would really appeal to the many self-confessed 'independent women' out there; me included and all those wishing they were independent too..:) The lyrics of this track are fantastic and his tone and sound make this song even more interesting than it actually is and watching the video is a must as it does the song justice - Gabrielle Union and Keri Hilson starr in it too so...check it out!

The other great single from this album is 'Closer', I must admit I am not too crazy about this one, it may be partly because it has been overplayed on my favourite radio stations on which it is one of those non-stop hits with its great up-beat style and dance rythm.

This album also features the 'Single' track which is a collaboration with New Kids On the Block (NKOTB). Have to say NKOTB couldn't have chosen a better artist to collaborate on a track with as this track brings the band back into the 'Neyo era' and also showcases Neyo's great ability to work with different artists.

The other tracks like 'Fade into the Background' and 'why does she stay' are great and the album as a whole is a good listen with a mixture of RnB, dance/upbeat tracks and slow ballads; It is great to chill out and relax to and also to get one into a happy cheery dancing mood and most of all to remind us 'independent women' that we are sexy! haha:)

'Oooh there's something about, kinda woman that can do for herself, I look at her and it makes me proud, there's something about her.... Something oh so sexy about, kinda woman that don't even need my help...'

Singing it now just puts me in a good mood and makes my juggling kinda worthwhile?

I'd recommend in a heart beat...:)