utero 2

utero

About me: Giving opinions for several years and showing like a fine vintage

Member since:11.07.2000

Yeo Check Yourself

23.07.2011

Advantages:
Well they had a good tv ad

Disadvantages:
watery and sour tasting, lacks flavour

Recommendable No:

22 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. luckyarchers
  2. jesi
  3. Katieshaz
  1. Soho_Black
  2. emsi
  3. misspurple7

You've probably seen the TV ads for Yeo Valley with a bunch of farmers who rap about yeo valley. Its kinda attention grabbing so when it came to getting some free stuff from milkandmore.co.uk, I decided to get some as there's no finer taste than free yoghurt.

At least you'd think so. Looking at some of the other opinions on here, yeo is classed as a good tasting bit of dairy. Well I whipped the top off a 450g tub of Vanilla and waited for the taste sensation.

Yeo Valley organic yoghurt is fat free and labelled as probiotic yoghurt. Now fat free normally gives you the impression that the product is good for a healthy lifestyle. Yes the fat content is pretty much non-existent however the sugar content is pretty high. A 150g serving contains over 21g of sugar, close to a quarter of your recommended sugar intake.

With this in mind I was surprised that this yoghurt tasted pretty crappy. I found it to have a sour taste and be pretty watery in its consistency. The vanilla flavour is pretty weak. In comparison to other vanilla yoghurts such as activia etc, I found it incredibly underwhelming.

Of course you could say that I just got a bit of an iffy pot but since I had another in the fridge, I can confirm the taste is just the same.

Price wise you can normally pick up a pot of this for around a pound in the supermarket, sometimes a little more. For me the taste is not worth the price. For example if I was faced with spending £1 on this or £1.50 on some muller corners then I would plump for the corners every time. There is no competition when it comes to flavour.

I don't know what people have found in this product, I certainly won't be buying it again no matter how different the TV ads are.

Serving Details (150g)
122 Calories
21.2g Sugar
0.2g Fat
0.34g Salt

jesi 06.08.2011 16:42

I prefer the Fat Free Bio Live Yoghurt without added flavouring (and without any sweetening) . . . I don't seem to mind the 'cultured' taste . . . but then it is a source of calcium that I can use despite being lactose intolerant because the live cultures help break down the lactose for me . . . ♥ ~ Jesi ~ ♥

Collingwood21 24.07.2011 10:02

An awful lot of yogurts these days seems to have sugars and sweetners added to them to make up for them being low fat, which is a shame. Rachel's Organics are pretty good with a lovely flavour, but very expensive!

killiefan 23.07.2011 20:26

This one sounds really poor.