Yeo Valley Organic Fat Free Vanilla Bio Live Yogurt

Yeo Valley Organic Fat Free Vanilla Bio Live Yogurt

Organic

Review of "Yeo Valley Organic Fat Free Vanilla Bio Live Yogurt"

published 23/07/2011 | utero
Member since : 11/07/2000
Giving opinions for several years and showing like a fine vintage
Satisfactory
Pro Well they had a good tv ad
Cons watery and sour tasting, lacks flavour
Taste
Smell
Product Quality
Packaging

"Yeo Check Yourself"

You've probably seen the TV ads for Yeo Valley with a bunch of farmers who rap about yeo valley. Its kinda attention grabbing so when it came to getting some free stuff from milkandmore.co.uk, I decided to get some as there's no finer taste than free yoghurt.

At least you'd think so. Looking at some of the other opinions on here, yeo is classed as a good tasting bit of dairy. Well I whipped the top off a 450g tub of Vanilla and waited for the taste sensation.

Yeo Valley organic yoghurt is fat free and labelled as probiotic yoghurt. Now fat free normally gives you the impression that the product is good for a healthy lifestyle. Yes the fat content is pretty much non-existent however the sugar content is pretty high. A 150g serving contains over 21g of sugar, close to a quarter of your recommended sugar intake.

With this in mind I was surprised that this yoghurt tasted pretty crappy. I found it to have a sour taste and be pretty watery in its consistency. The vanilla flavour is pretty weak. In comparison to other vanilla yoghurts such as activia etc, I found it incredibly underwhelming.

Of course you could say that I just got a bit of an iffy pot but since I had another in the fridge, I can confirm the taste is just the same.

Price wise you can normally pick up a pot of this for around a pound in the supermarket, sometimes a little more. For me the taste is not worth the price. For example if I was faced with spending £1 on this or £1.50 on some muller corners then I would plump for the corners every time. There is no competition when it comes to flavour.

I don't know what people have found in this product, I certainly won't be buying it again no matter how different the TV ads are.

Serving Details (150g)
122 Calories
21.2g Sugar
0.2g Fat
0.34g Salt

• jesi published 06/08/2011
    I prefer the Fat Free Bio Live Yoghurt without added flavouring (and without any sweetening) . . . I don't seem to mind the 'cultured' taste . . . but then it is a source of calcium that I can use despite being lactose intolerant because the live cultures help break down the lactose for me . . . ♥ ~ Jesi ~ ♥
  • Collingwood21 published 24/07/2011
    An awful lot of yogurts these days seems to have sugars and sweetners added to them to make up for them being low fat, which is a shame. Rachel's Organics are pretty good with a lovely flavour, but very expensive!
  • killiefan published 23/07/2011
    This one sounds really poor.