Yes No - Jan Pienkowski

Yes No - Jan Pienkowski

Fiction - Children's - ISBN: 1406314404 - ISBN13: 9781406314403

Review of "Yes No - Jan Pienkowski"

published 18/12/2011 | loopylou1234
Member since : 02/12/2011
Thanks for stopping by. I've 2 daughters and a beagle who keep me busy :) You may also see my reviews on other sites with the same user name
Good
Pro Brightly coloured
Cons Not very interesting
Would you read it again?
Story
Characters
Readability
How does it compare to similar books?

"Yes No - Jan Pienkowski - Not a winner for me"

My daughter was bought this book by a friend for her 2nd birthday. It is a small hardback book called Yes No and it is written by Jan Pienkowski. I had not seen this type of book before and it probably wouldn’t be something that I would choose to buy judging by the front cover.

It is a classic book aimed at nursery age children to start to teach them about opposites using brightly coloured illustrations with simple text alongside. My daughter didn’t seem to be that bothered by this book in the beginning. We have probably looked at this book twice in nearly a year. (It has been kept on the shelf with all her other books which she has access to)

The book is a simple format, the first couple of examples of opposites in the book are:

Yes – Black text printed onto a yellow page with smiley face consisting of 2 circle eyes and an upwards curving line for a smile
No – Black text printed onto a blue page with a sad face consisting of 2 circle eyes and a downwards curving line for a sad expression.

The next page is:

Fast – Black text printed onto a bright pink page with 3 white birds flying along
Slow – Black text printed on a bright pink page with a tortoise making its way up a slope

If you wanted to, I think you could go into more detail with this book with your child to make it more interesting or educational.

I wouldn't recommend this book, I don't feel it is very interesting and it doesn't seem to hold my daughter's attention very long. I would go as far as saying I think this book is quite boring.

ISBN: 978-1-4063-1440-3

The price on the back of the book is £4.99. It is currently available from Amazon at that price.