Louise90 5

Louise90

Member since:01.02.2001

What will I be doing next, I wonder?

11.08.2005

Advantages:
I'm being kept occupied all the time .

Disadvantages:
It can be expensive !

23 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. SteveVeidorThe2nd
  2. Linkz
  3. christianfilmcritic
  1. Soho_Black
  2. blurbubble
  3. bobd

Ever since I was a child my hobbies have changed like the weather. One minute I'm into, say, learning all about Kings and Queens, the next I'm into card-making. I'm always finding new hobbies and interests to keep my life busy. But, some hobbies have stuck more than others.

I went through a phrase of stamp collecting. I've still got all the stamps all neatly categorised under the Country it comes from. I keep them as I may go back to it - one day!

I've got loads of those big folders full of information on things that has happened in history - from WW2 to Monarchs and Leaders, past and presant. I've got 2 full folders all about the Titanic and the crew/passengers. I've always been interested in history, especially the Titanic. As I'm currently working in a museum about Horatio Nelson, I'm currently reading up all about him and learning lots about the man!

Keeping on the same note of history, I'm totally interested in my family history. I always have been. I'll never lose interest in this. The only problem is that it can work out expensive with buying birth/death/marriage certificates etc. Not to mention downloading documents ect from the National Archives website! But, it really is a lot of fun, and as time goes by, I'm finding out more and more about my family.

I also enjoy card-making. I've got a box crammed full of card-making stuff. This keeps me busy and people seem to like receiving my cards for birthday/Christmas etc. I started card-making about 2 years ago now, and am glad I did.

On a crafty note, I also enjoy lace-making. This craft isn't as popular as it used to be in the 19th Century, but there are classes peppered around the County - one of which me and my friend attend! We go on a Monday night, althouh throughout August there's a break from lace. It's a really enjoyable hobby, even if I am a bit slow at picking it up! Some gorgeous lace has been made by some of the ladies there.

The internet is another interest I enjoy. (Is the Internet a hobby?!). There are really 2 main websites which I enjoy visiting, and that's Ciao and Neopets. I've been a member of Ciao for 4 years now and still enjoy coming here and writing reviews. I've made a lot of friends here and have seen a lot of people come and go over the years. I'd be lost without the internet now!

I've saved my best hobby until last though. And that's penpalling! I've been penpalling for around 10 years now, and this is certainly not a passing fad! I've got penpals all around the world - in Australia, USA, Canada, UK, Finland, Germany and Japan. I've met about 10 of my penpals, and have got on really well with all of them.

I've also got 4 Voluntary jobs, although these are probably classed more as interests than hobbies. I'm the secretary of our local branch of the British Legion. I'm also on the committee of our local Resident's Association. Voluntary job number 3 is the Red Cross, which I've been a member of for nearly 10 years. And the last one is I work 1 morning a week in the Nelson Museum in Great Yarmouth. (If you're ever in the area, visit the museum! It's great!).

So there you have it. These are all my hobbies and interests. And as you can imagine, I'm always busy doing something or other!

Thanks for reading!
Louise

Pictures of Your Hobbies
Your Hobbies Picture 1582928 tb
Horatio Nelson

Write your own review Report a problem with this review’s content

solamarie 30.08.2005 23:55

You do have lots of hobbies, I enjoyed reading about them, Sue

tekin21 28.08.2005 00:32

Wow you are busy - how do you find time for Ciao? Jane x

darkangelwing 24.08.2005 03:18

Wow this review was a real flash of insight,very well done,keep up the great work oh and hobbies hehe(-: