Review of "Your Home"

published 14/05/2004 | Jaybella
Member since : 28/08/2003
Pro Good value with good ideas
Cons None
Frequency of Publication

"Small price to pay for home improvement!"

Your Home magazine is about home improvement ideas, generally on a smaller budget. It has a cheap'n'cheerful feel to it - not a glossy mag with thick glossy pages, but it does pack in a lot for the money. I particularly like the cheap'n'cheerful aspect of the magazine because it feels accessible - you feel that the improvement ideas are not going to be wildly expensive or out of your league skill-wise. This makes it feel a lot more personal than the more expensive "glossy" home magazines.

For content, Your Home follows the general mixture of articles and features in such magazines, for example the reader's homes section, the letters section and also a good selection of competitions, as well as price and quality comparisons on furniture and white goods.

The reader's homes section doesn't rely on rooms that have been "done" by interior decorators, but more often by the homeowners themselves. The homes featured are genuinely diverse which makes for a wide range of styles and budgets.

I buy a lot of the other, more expensive home improvement magazines every month, but the glossy mags often have a quite expensive definition of "budget buy". To me, they are more about wishful thinking rather than "roll-up-sleeves and get stuck in".

Overall, I think if you are looking for ideas you can achieve yourself, Your Home magazine is really good value. It has feeling of accessibility which I find encourages me to try things for myself.

• JulyBunny published 04/07/2005
    sounds good. x staz
  • AnitaM published 15/05/2004
    I'd probably enjoy a flick through of this.
  • MAFARRIMOND published 14/05/2004
    An inspirational magazine. The mystery is how is it that my DIY never achieves the same results. good review. Maureen

Product Information : Your Home