Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

Review of "Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)"

published 15/03/2009 | Cherub23
Member since : 29/01/2008
Pro Excellent coverage, Easy to apply
Cons Price can be a put off
Length of Coverage
Ease of Removal
Visibility

"Touche Eclat? Touche Eme!"

I have never bought any Yves Saint Laurent products in the past, I've always been tempted by the shiny displays in my local Boots and Debenhams but the price has always put me off. Why pay £20ish for something you buy for £4 in a cheaper brand?! After actually trying this product I am converted and will definately be purchasing this in the future!

I was recently lucky enough to be sent not 1 but 2 Touche Eclats for free to trial and give my opinion on. I did a quick google search and the cheapest I could have purchased these for was £16.50 excluding delivery so I was over the moon that I was finally going to be getting to try this expensive brand for free!

When I received my products I took a moment to have a look at the packaging, it is a gold pen with a hefty weight and 'feels' quality. It is the type of product you pull out of your make up bag in the gym/office (where ever!) and other women drool over it. It looks classy, expensive and good quality and it is all of these things.

To use the product it is remarkably easy, you simply 'press' the bottom of the pen a few times and it dispenses the product out of the top onto the little brush applicator. You apply the product to the areas you want extra coverage and then blend in, I used my fingers but you could just as easily use a make up sponge.

The product itself is easy to apply and blend in, it provides very good coverage of under eye circles, blemishes and can also be used as a highlighter for under brows, cheeks or anywhere on the face really! It has a lovely subtle fragrance and smells of 'quality' (if that's even possible, maybe I am imagining that!)

The concealer is very soft to the touch and has a non greasy feeling once it is on the skin. It feels velvety and smooth to apply.

Touche Eclat comes in a variety of shades, I would imagine that there is one to suit all skin tones. I personally have very pale skin and used the #1 which was a perfect match for my skin and provided good coverage but didn't stand out at all.

I have quite oily skin and often have a problem with foundations and concealers staying on my skin. I'm pleased to say that I did not experience any make up 'running' with this product and it happily stayed on my skin throughout the working day. I would reapply if I was going out again in the evening but that would be the same of any other product. If you have oily skin then it is worth noting that I also use a base primer on my skin, and powder make up, I have not tested this product solo on my face.

I have been using my Touche Eclat most days for 3 weeks now and the pen isn't showing any signs of running out. I tend to use it for under eye circles and a few blemishes, so if you use it more often, obviously expect it to run out a little quicker!

It is a little pricey for a concealer but I personally think it is worth every penny as it does the job so well I don't have to worry about 'touching up' through out the day. If you are on a budget then maybe add this to your christmas/birthday wish list and see if you can get one for free.

If you are fortunate enough to not suffer from dark under eyes and blemishes then I wouldn't recommend this product for you, as a stand alone highlighter you can probably find something a lot cheaper that does the job just as well. But for the coverage factor it is worth the extra £!

• mythdata published 16/03/2009
    Excellent review, very well written.:O)

Product Information : Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

YSL Touche Eclat Highlighter. This truly unique product works to bring luminosity and radiance to eye areas suffering from discolouration. Simply click the bottom of the gilded pen dispenser and a drop of this lightweight liquid is distributed onto the brush.

Long Name: Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch), Touche Eclat Highlighter 2.5ml, Touche Eclat Radiant Touch Concealer, Touche Eclat, Touche Eclat Instant Highlighter, Touche Eclat Radiant Touch No.1, Touche Eclat Shade 1, Touche Eclat Radiant Touch Highlighting Pen, Radiant Touch 1 Light Beige, Radiant Touch 2 Beige, Radiant Touch 3 Medium Beige

Type: Face Make-up, Eye Make-up, Face Cream / Treatment

Genre: Concealer, Eye Shadow, Eye Care, Foundation, All Purpose Make-up

Manufacturer: Yves Saint Laurent

EAN: 3365440322974, 3365440007017, 10105571

MPN: 10105571

Listed on Ciao since: 06/07/2000

This page moved permanently here: http://www.ciao.co.uk/YSL_Touche_Eclat_Radiant_Touch__Review_5823693