Towel Rail

Review of "Zeller Over Door Towel Rail"

published 01/09/2015 | LiveMusicLoverLyn
Member since : 23/03/2014
:( So sad and will miss you all. Posting and rating to the end as a few days off work. Thanks for all the reads & rates, much appreciated esp E rates, every E I give is well deserved. Ciao for now everyone.....
Pro Reliable
Cons Best for modern bathrooms
Style and Appearance

"Take one door & three towels = Tried & Tested Towel Rail"

Zeller 47.5cm-Chrome Over Door Towel Rack

As most of my household products are antique or actually just very old and I think I have already reviewed all my bookcases, I have been hunting around for things that I can review to take advantage of the August/September bonus and inspired as is so often the case by a good review from another reviewer, I remembered my towel rack and quickly checked to see if they are still available and asked Ciao! To add to the catalogue.

When I think about it, I cannot believe how long ago it was that I bought this rack from independent supermarket Dykes of Stalbridge. The rack still looks great despite three house moves and constant use in the bathrooms.

Our older version has chrome finials on the ends of the horizontal rails, whilst the modern one has a much more modern finish, that is the only difference I can see.

The Rack:

The rack comprises of three equispaced rails to hang towels that are attached via two stylishly shaped vertical rails with circular styled fully enclosed hook arrangement that each rail hangs on, this is not attached, rather the rails can easily slide back and forth through the hanging attachment and the vertical rails are in turn turned over at the top to form a Y styled attachment to the over the door hook part of the unit. The whole is fluid and can be slid into a stacking arrangement when not in use or for moving.

Finished in chrome the rack was originally bought when we moved from an old cottage with fitted wooden rails to a 1990’s modern house. I think the style particularly suits this type of home and we used it to compliment the heated towel rail that we also had in the bathroom.

Our existing home is a very old and old style cottage and although, I guess I would not have chosen this rail for the bathroom here, once dressed with towels it does not look too out of place hanging over the stripped wooden cupboard door. In between these two houses we lived in a fairly new but older styled cottage and it suited that bathroom very well indeed.

Using:

I know some people use a clean towel every time they shower or bathe, I like to make mine last two or three days and this rail allows the towels to dry and air between uses. We use bath sheets all the time and I use a bath towel for my hair. I find that with just the two of us I can easily get the three towels to hang on the three rails and they dry ready to use the next day. It also looks nice with clean towels folded over and placed neatly on each rack. The gaps between the rails is just right to work really well, optimise space and look nice.

The whole arrangement is reassuringly solid in appearance and in use and it has survived all sorts of abuse of towels being whipped off or bundled over in a hurry. The clever style of the rack ensures that instead of being strained by such behaviour the rail simply rolls and thus damage and strain on the unit is avoided.

The towel rail remains in perfect condition and I would strongly recommend this version in preference to a cheaper option and consider it a versatile rail that would also work in a kitchen and could be very useful if space were limited.

Price & Availability:

I bought mine from an independent retailer, I have found them for sale on line with Wayfairer and also on Amazon at £21.99 and £26.77 respectively.

Conclusion:

As mentioned this rail still looks like new, despite many years of use, I am so pleased that they still sell these because that means that I can recommend them to you.

Stars:

5/5 Exceptional value.

Thanks for reading

No stock photo, so I have utilised the Wayfairer website photo: http://www.wayfair.co.uk/Zeller-Over-Door-Towel-Holder-18400-ZLER1315.html?

• danielclark691 published 04/12/2015
    well covered
  • RICHADA published 07/09/2015
    Very useful and not only necessarily for towels either. These are very popular in he tiny flats in Poland where storage space is always at a premium. R.
  • Chippytarka published 05/09/2015