Zenith Windows

Zenith Windows

Window Fitting/Glazing Company

Review of "Zenith Windows"

published 23/04/2012 | Leigh99
Member since : 06/05/2008
Pro Competitive price (eventually)
Cons Late, don't bother to turn up, appointments take hours and over priced then they cancel your order!
Service
After Sales Service

"Complete and utter waste of 8 hours and over a month of my time"

We have been thinking for a while about getting new double glazing just at the front of our house. As luck would have it someone from Zenith knocked on the door saying they were looking for "show homes" in the area - homes they put double glazing in basically at cost price and in return they use you photo and you have a board outside your house for a while. What a load of rubbish.

We made an appointment for 8pm so I was home from work in time. The guy eventually turned up at 9pm and proceeded to knock a photo of my baby off the side and it smashed on the floor.

We then spent the next hour and a half watching windows appear out of bags etc. All we wanted was a price. After a lot of randomly hitting buttons on a calculator he eventually came up with a price of over £12,500!!! I said we weren't interested then over the next 10 minutes it kept going down and down with extras being thrown in till he came to £3,500. I was so fed up by this point he could have said they were free and I would still have asked him to leave. It was gone 10.30pm and after a full day at work I'd had enough.

After consideration over the next few days we felt this was a good price and arranged a second appointment. They didn't turn up. After we phoned they made out it was our fault as we hadn't answered the phone earlier to confirm the appointment. I was at work and had rushed home to be there in time!

They re-arranged and another guy came round to give us a price for fascias and guttering! But "it's ok as I can price windows too". By this time I was starting to lose my rag and wasn't sure I wasn't to put such a big job with such an incompetent company. He said there was no way the quote the other guy gave could be done and it increased! It was still fairly reasonable compared to another price we had got so we signed up. He was there for 4 hours while we signed paperwork etc.

A month later and we have heard nothing. Haven't chased as we have been busy so phoned today as we are desperate for it and wanted to see what was happening. Turns out our order has been cancelled! Apparently my husband didn't pass the credit check (you get it cheaper if you take out finance than pay cash). Rather than phone to try it in my name they just cancelled the order without a word.

I'm fuming - I am desperate for the windows but at the same time I didn't let this bunch of cowboys into my house. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Not impressed in the slightest. Just annoyed I now have to go through the whole process again from square one getting more quotes from elsewhere.

This review was read 1986 times and was rated at

• SleepyDormouse published 23/04/2012
    We have had double glazing salesmen doing that trick of long long appointments and slowly decreasing the price after making phone calls. Try a local firm, they are usually much more human!