Television

Review of "andreamclean.tv"

published 12/09/2009 | Amy69
Member since : 28/05/2007
Pro layout, design, information, photos
Cons /

"The Queen on .tv!"

andreamclean.tv

I would say there are six websites that I could not live without. I would not say that it is a mixed bag of sites - it is either money making related or media related. One of these media related websites is the official website of my greatest inspiration in life. She is such a wonderful person, and a perfect role model. Who is this woman? Of course, it's Andrea McLean!

If you for some reason do not know who Andrea McLean is, then I am a tiny bit offended! She was a long running weather girl for GMTV, only to give up that post a few months back. She is now the main anchor of ITV daytime chat show phenomenon Loose Women, a job I would kill for. She is one of the most amazing TV Presenters around, and has such a wonderful personality. The day I met her was one of the most amazing days of my life, a moment I will treasure forever. She's a great person and a fantastic presenter - what more could I look for in an inspiration?

Naturally, I spend a lot of time on Andrea's website - www.andreamclean.tv. As soon as you click onto the site you feel welcomed instantly. The background to the website is mainly white, with deep blue writing in a fancy font. There is a little welcome letter from Andrea , which is updated quite regularly with the latest information about her antics. At the end of this there is also a large button to link you to her show reel - I would recommend watching it, its wonderful! Down the right hand side of the homepage you can find several photos of Andrea which flash rotationally every few seconds. At the left side, you can see four tabs at the side - large and square with a photo in the middle of each. I do not use these, as I prefer to use the tabs at the top.

The first tab is 'About Me'. As you would expect, this takes you to a page which is full of information about Andrea. They have not cut back on giving us details about past jobs and appearances, and you are sure to learn something about her here. Naturally it mentions Loose Women, but also talks about her time on GMTV and Dancing on Ice, as well as Our House and Loose Lips. It is definitely an enjoyable read, and it is quite personal too.

The next tab along is 'Gallery', which upon clicking brings up a page which is separated into further links. These links then take you to various photo albums from magazine articles, photo shoots, awards, and a few from Andrea's personal gallery. The images are very clear and in total you can find forty nine images here.

Going further along the tabs we come to 'charities'. The page that is brought up has very little text on it and just the one image, but it is not at all dull. It has a very clear message, telling us about 'Demelza House' - a residential hospice for children in Kent. There is a link to its website too. I think that it is something very few celebrities have on their websites and I am sure that they are very thankful to Andrea for putting this on!

The next tab is also quite rare for celebrities. It is titled 'Questions + Answers', and as you would expect, it brings up a list of questions and their answers. Unlike FAQs on websites, these are actually questions written by fans of Andrea, which she has answered for them and posted her replies on the website. Now the things I ask her when I mail write to her are a lot more personal and meaningful than those on this site (and I wouldn't want mine put on here!), but I think this is a nice little thing for those who are just simple fans and want to know where she got her purple top from or what year she was born. There are some bizarre questions on there, but nonetheless Andrea has taken the time to answer them - she's a true star!

The final tab is 'eMail me'. Here you are given a few email addresses: one to send in questions for Andrea's Questions + Answers page, and one for business enquiries. I have contacted the business enquiries one quite a few times for various reasons and I always receive a warm and helpful reply. If you have any queries then do get in touch with them - you won't regret it!

This is a wonderful site which feels very warm and welcoming. It's colours and layout make it very open indeed. It is not hard to navigate either, which is a bonus! It is tastefully decorated with pictures of Andrea, and has an easy URL to remember too (I wanted a .tv domain for my website but it would cost £30 a year...I think Ill stick to .co.uk!). I visit this site constantly, even though I have signed up to the mailing list so I am now informed when it is updated. It is well worth looking at - if you are not already a fan of Andrea, you soon will be!

Amy 2009

• Mitsudan published 18/09/2009
    Oops, I'm afraid I didn't know who she was either. I thought the web site was something to do with a detergent. David x
  • marymoose99 published 13/09/2009
    Never heard of her either - sorry!
  • denella published 12/09/2009
    I'm sorry to offend you, but I didn't know who she was! I was trying to work out whether the website read as 'an dream clean' or 'Andre am clean'. Oh dear. Now I know.