asda.co.uk

Review of "asda.co.uk"

published 28/04/2012 | Leigh99
Member since : 06/05/2008
Pro Good delivery slots, good prices, offers & promotions
Cons Substitute awful items, poor choice of fruit & bread, some items out of stock and missing
Layout & Design
Navigation
Site content & information
Range of services/products

"Good for bulky items but unsuitable substitute items sent"

I quite like supermarket shopping but with two young children it's not so much fun so I finally decided to give online shopping a go. I chose Asda as they have a baby and toddler event on at the moment with many products I am desperate for on offer.

By the time I completed my order all the good time slots had been taken so I chose an 8 hour slot the following day. It actually arrived 10 minutes after the "from" time so no hanging around.

I ordered lots of big and heavy items which was great to have delivered to the door but overall I was not impressed and will not use them again. I spefically ordered some night time pull up pants for my son size large. They substituted them for medium - no where near big enough. They substituted some chicken I had ordered on offer for Birds Eye Chicken Fingers which I know are awful from past experience. I didn't order much fruit and veg as I like to pick things out myself but ordered apples and bananas. The bananas look like they have been kicked around the shop as theywere all bruised. And finally I ordered a bottle of wine which I wouldn't have minded a substitute for but they sent nothing in it's place, just didn't charge me!

I phoned to complain and although I got a credit I still had no pull up pants for my son (one of the main reasons I was ordering) and no wine for my guests that evening. I therefore had to get in my car and go to Morrisons (which is nearer and where I normally go each week for those items,. This defeated the whole point of why I ordered online in the first place.

I may use another supermarket if I have lots of big and heavy items in the future but not Asda - complete waste of time.

• catsholiday published 28/04/2012
    Not very good service at all
  • savvyshopper6476 published 28/04/2012
    A bit more info is needed