Review of "babies247.com"

Member since : 14/12/2008
Pro none
Cons everything!!!

"babies247.com- FRAUDSTER!!!!!"

I have also had bad dealings with babies247.com. I ordered a car seat in August 2008, they took payment a few days later. I was told that I would get my order within a week. When it still hadn't come, I called them, had trouble getting a hold of anyone on their customer service number. I called their Southampton store and they said that the internet department was in an office upstairs. I got put through to them and they promised my car seat by the next week. When it still hadn't come, I called again to the Southampton shop and was put through to the office upstairs (I found this the only way to get through to them, otherwise always an answering machine). I was again promised that I would get the car seat by the next week, apparently their supplier was having difficulty with stock. They said that they would receive the seat on Wednesday and would courier it up to me overnight and I would get it on Thursday. Thursday came and went, still no car seat. I called on Friday and they said that they could no longer get this car seat as it was out of stock, and discontinued, but that I would get a full refund, but that could take up to 30 days. I waited the full 30 days, still no refund. I have been calling every week for the last 2 months (it is now December), but can't get to talk to anyone from the internet department. Apparently it has been moved off site and the Southampton shop doesn't have a direct line to them, all they can do is pass on a message. I don't know how many times I have left my details with them, still no one has contacted me. I have e-mailed both addresses that I was given, but every time they are bounced back. I have even contacted my bank to see if they can get my money back, I used my visa debit card. I was told by my bank that the money would be put in my account as soon as they are in contact with babies247. That hasn't happened, so I can only assume that even my bank can't get to talk to anyone.

This is the worst company that I have ever dealt with. They should be charged with theft, they are stealing from families with young children. Something really needs to be done about them. They can't continue to do this. Apparently the internet department is closing down, which isn't very assuring for those of us that are waiting to get our money back. At least if it does close down they won't be robbing more families. I am still trying to get my money back, if anyone has any complaints about them, they should let it be known. Maybe if enough people write in and complain the authorities will take action and shut these thieves down and stop them from robbing innocent families with little children. My only recourse at this point is to contact the police since nothing else is working.

If anyone has any suggestions about how I can get my money back please write in and let me know.

• MonyMax published 14/12/2008
    no advice for you, I'm sorry... Welcome here!
  • mattydalton published 14/12/2008
    Hi and welcome to Ciao!
  • Bitchqueenofneworleans published 14/12/2008
    Thanks for the warning (and the good review) - they sound like a nightmare. Have you tried their local Trading Standards? I'm not surprised they're closing down if this is how they treat their customers... Good luck in getting your money back.