bananalotto.co.uk

Layout & Design
Web site content
Navigation
Frequency of updates
How fast is this website

"It pays to be Bananas"

What a strange name for a free to enter game, in fact everything about this is bananas, well that’s except the one important thing, they pay when you win. I have won and they have sent cheques. Now before I start getting all the begging letters I best explain.
When they first started you could have up to three entries per day, and if you matched 3 numbers then you would win 50p. After the launch period they dropped the amount of entries to once per day, but retained the 50p for three numbers. They have since decided against continuing with the 50p win, well it does make sense if you add postage and administration costs then each 50p would cost around £1. I would have liked them to retain the 50p wins and have an account with them so when (if) you reach say £10 then you could get a cheque sent. But I digress as I said I have won and been paid, in fact I have had six wins, all 50p wins for a grand total of £3, so its not going to change my life but its free to enter and winning even small amounts can be fun, just look at the amount of people who bet a few on the Grand National and are happy winning a few pennies.

Playing this game once registered is simplicity itself, first select six numbers then select a banana number (like a bonus ball on the national lottery, except you will need this as well as 6 numbers to win the jackpot), these numbers can be saved to your lucky numbers list to save you having to remember the numbers every time you play. Then click on an advertisement banner and a little pop up appears telling you that your numbers are being entered into the draw, this then changes to tell you that they have indeed been entered.

You can play this game once per day, seven days a week and new games start at 5:30pm on each day. They email you the results as well as a confirmation that your numbers have been entered into the draw. I have not received Spam from them, so I am happy with that.
Since the launch of Bananalotto there has been over 373,155 cheques sent out: 346,043 for 50 pence, 26,596 for £5.00, and 512 for £50. Along with four £100,000 winners. That’s plenty of bananas.
Netarget Ltd is the registered UK Company responsible for developing Bananalotto.
I like that they have a postal address, to me it add legitimacy to the company, mind you so did them sending me cheques.
Netarget Ltd,
Friars House,
157-168 Blackfriars Road,
London, SE1 8EZ.

At Present the prizes on offer are as follows

Two numbers gets you a 50p CDWOW voucher, this can be used as a discount when purchasing a CD from (surprise surprise) CDWOW.

Three Numbers gets you a fitness first weekend pass,

Here is where it starts to get interesting

4 Numbers and you win £5
5 Numbers and you win £50
6 Numbers and you win £100,000
6 Numbers plus the banana number and you win a cool £1,000,000

The company unlike some Internet based companies is still going from strength to strength, they are developing and evolving all the time.

I will continue to play as it only takes a minute each day and it’s a pound cheaper than a line on the national lottery.

• wbafcben published 09/02/2007
    Not sure about the vouchers (I think you can 'win' them from loads of places now), but this sounds like a good site! I suspect their income source is advertising revenue? I'll have a look now. Thanks. wbafcben.
  • anonymili published 12/02/2006
    I've won CD wow vouchers several times and lots of bananapoints (though fat lot of good they did for me LOL). They've upgraded the site now and you can also play 10 scratchcards a day... x
  • donf18 published 04/07/2005
    I've won three times on this. Not lots, but its free anyway so it's all profit.