bigrag.com

General Chat Rooms & Forums

Review of "bigrag.com"

published 24/07/2002 | Nolly
Member since : 27/04/2001
Now here is a blast from the past. What has happened? I am now 40, and found myself at a loose end, so I thought I would pick up my opinionating pen again. Will pop in from time to time and write stuff. Enjoy! Nolly
Pro good fun, good pay
Cons online questionnaires, still better than pop-ups though

"Fun and fancy-Free"

Once in a while you get something in your life that is a breath of fresh air, whether it be a new pair of socks or a new romance. I would like to tell you about my new romance (but please don't worry about telling Sarah). I am dallying at the moment with Bigrag.com, a newish opinions site.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

Similar to other sites, except that you submit your opinion in the form of an email to the editors who then check it for suitability and how much it is worth. They then format it for HTML and whack it on the site, generally within 24 hours.

HOW MANY PEOPLE READ MY OPINION?

That doesn't matter. You get paid for writing, not for the number of reads you get. So this, and the initial pre-screening cut out the need for churners to be involved.

HOW MUCH DO I GET PAID?

Well, this varies depending on what you have written. There are criteria published on each subject as to what is a premier opinion, in their view. Each level of opinion is awarded a medal:

Gold £2.00
Silver £1.00
Bronze £0.50

You can also be awarded amounts between 10p and 50p for jokes, links JPEGS etc.

HOW DO I GET MY MONEY?

Well, you need to first of all redeem your cash. This means you have to answer some online market-research questions to redeem the cash. If you don't answer you don't get. I don't mind, besides it is a way of them getting funding. Once you have over £5 in redeemed cash you can have it sent to you. If you choose not to then you can get waht is a reasonably attractive 3% p.a. on what is effectively a deposit!

CONCLUSIONS

All in all, Bigrag is a good site. It is unpretentious and doesn't purport to being the next best thing. I hope it thrives. However writing an op and then finding out you can only redeem the money if you answer the questions is a bit worrying- I suppose you could lie on the questionnaire!

Neil