blackstar.co.uk

Books, Movies & Music

Review of "blackstar.co.uk"

published 10/10/2001 | Dragon17
Member since : 11/07/2000
Pro Great discounts. Excellent service. Delivery times always met. Quick and friendly customer service.
Cons Can't think of any.

"Blackstar gets 5 Goldstars."

I am an avid fan of Star Trek Next Generation. I only really got into it about 2 years ago when a friend lent me some videos. Once I'd watched a few I was hooked and was delighted to hear that Paramount were re-releasing all the Next Generation episodes on Video. There are 8 videos per season and there were seven seasons. I have bought every single one and I have just completed season 4. Why, I hear you ask am I telling you this??
Well I'd say 90% of my collection has been bought through Blackstar and now I will not buy from anyone else.

As these videos are being re-released shops such as WH Smiths and Woolworths, were I used to buy my videos, only get 1 or 2 copies and as Trekkies are quite fanatical by about noon on release day these copies would already have gone. I am a bit sad in respects of I know the exact release date of every video and I look forward to aquiring my next one on said date. Unfortunatley shopping in the High Street frequently left me wanting. This is before I found Blackstar on the internet. I stumbled accross them through excite while looking for videos. I noticed that they offered a 20% discount on pre-orders. As I know the release dates in advance I always have time to pre-order. The video that would cost me £10 in the shop is now costing me £8 but I have to wait for delivery....or do I?? Well like I say I have ordered nearly every video for the last 2 years from Blackstar and as far as I can remember every one has been waiting for me on my doorstep the day it's released. That means I actually get it earlier than if I waited for the shops to open. Granted it's only about an hour earlier but for mail order you don't get much better than that.

On a few occasions I have had to e-mail customer services at Blackstar and unlike the usual 24-48 hour wait for a response and when you do get one it's an autorespone, Blackstar refreshingly respond within a few hours and it's a real person. Customer service is very important to me as the only time you normally contact customer services is if you have a problem so thats when you need the help. Although I haven't had any problems with Blackstar the few queries I have had have been answered quickly and efficiently.

The final plus point for those wonderful guys at Blackstar is e-mail reminders they send me. They are tailored to my tastes and if ever I forget to pre-order they e-mail in time to remind me to take advantage of the pre-order discount.

All in all I would go so far as to say not only are Blackstar the best online Video retailer they are probably the best retailer outright. Keep up the good work Blackstar.

• kornkid2001 published 31/10/2001
    great informative op!!! i loved this, keep up good work on ciao! thanks kk!
  • alexandrapontecaille published 10/10/2001
    i've had few adverts e-mails from them but i never really went on the site, might b interesting then Alex
  • BabyGirl published 10/10/2001
    gREAT op, I have ordered a few things from here and the experience has been quite bad! :)