bol.co.uk

Books, Movies & Music

Review of "bol.co.uk"

published 25/07/2005 | eurorider
Member since : 24/01/2004
Pro Hmmm....I am so unhappy with them I can no longer think of any.
Cons Appalling customer support. The worst I have ever experienced.

"Impossible to get a refund for undelivered books ."

OK....now this could take a while. At the beginning of June I ordered some books to read on my summer holiday. Enough of that...the holiday came, but the books didnt.
So, on my return I emailed Bol and asked about the status of my books as on my account online it says (and still does) ON ORDER.

The reply was nonsense and dismissed my question. I emailed again asking them to take me seriously and tell me what was happening to my books. Again, no serious response. So I telephoned the customer support centre.
I was told.....there is no order for you. I said..there is. She said, no there isnt. I said, I am online now looking directly at my account and it says...blah blah blah. She said, do you want me to order them for you ? I asked if they had them in stock ? Yes, she said....and this goes on and on and on. So in the end I told her to forget it and refund my money.
I didnt get it.
Emailed them, and they reply from a NON-BOL email account, never ever identify themselves and ask me to email back all of my credit card details...no secure server...nothing.
Are you crazy I say......we dont keep records of your card details they say. And so it goes on......oh...just send the books say I (via email).....and they dont. Ten exchanges of email later (each with a different person), and I am today told to re-order the books from the website. But, as I have paid, its impossible to order without paying again ! And they wont give me my money back.

Have you noticed there is NO UK address or contact details for them ? The telephone number puts you through to a call centre in either India or Sri Lanka.

So, this PM I asked for their UK office address as I am going to take them to the small claims court to get my money back.

Moral of the story......(for me)...if there is NO address anywhere on the website...steer well clear. Because when something goes wrong....you are stuffed.

I spose next thing will be to try and get the money back through the CC company.

Its Amazon for me from now on. Have told all my friends how trashy BOL.COM are and hopefully loads of people will read this.

So hopefully you will understand why i am marking them low in every section. Coz at the final reckoning...if you dont get yer books or yer money...its all a waste of time.

• kismet published 08/12/2005
    Good review. I ordered from BOL and the books did not arrived even though the website said they were despatched a month ago!! They did send out a replacement, but I will never use them again. Especially once they arrived I realised that BOL was linked to World Books who I had bad experience with! People should be warned not to use these companies!
  • AnitaM published 25/08/2005
    I stay well clear of such book companies. I stick to Amazon and the high street.
  • Soho_Black published 26/07/2005
    Crikey! I've never heard of them doing anything like this before, but I've not used them often. I tend to use Amazon as well, so I think I'll stick to that, just in case!