briefme.com

published 24/03/2001 | sam123
Member since : 10/02/2001
Pro GOOD SITE
Cons -

"WANT TO WRITE MORE OPINIONS"

I heard of this site after reading an opinion on ciao and although I don’t have enough time to do ciao let alone breifme.com I soon realised this site was not for me. Not because I haven’t enough time but it’s more interested in shall we say semi-professional writers, they make it sound as if you have to be a freelance writer to write for this site. So, I was quite disappointed when you only get paid $5 when I was expecting people to write short I thought they should get a touch more, even though $5 was good I guess.

If you do write for this site then it will be subject to their requirements of the Editor who can accept or refuse your work. You will then get paid, but if you are going to join this site it should be more because you love writing rather than in it for the money because I can’t see many people earning that much. Unless of course you’re a prolific writer.

Payments are made every four months and the next pay out is in April so the next quarter will start then, which could be a good time to join. It’s got a lot of subscribers and the level of work is very good.

If you visit the homepage you can sign up for the e-mail news letter whereby you will receive more information on this site and how it operates. The Briefme e-magazine also contains detail on how to write opinion and gives you some examples of some opinion as selected by the Editor.
A good site and if you have the time join up but it seems a lot of work to me.

• broksababe published 24/03/2001
    I have never heard of this one, will check it out , thanks Anna
  • Amadahn published 24/03/2001
    I was a bit confused by some of your op, particularly this sentence: "So, I was quite disappointed when you only get paid $5 when I was expecting people to write short I thought they should get a touch more, even though $5 was good I guess." Does this mean that a writer gets paid $5 per op - that doesn't sound too bad to me. By 'write short,' do you mean 'write a short op' like the 90-worders on Ciao? But why should they 'get a touch more' because they 'write short'? I don't mean to be critical - it's just that I have an old and creaky brain that is easily confused (as you can see). Maybe I'll nip over and check the site out. Thx for op. Ama.