carysb 1

carysb

Member since:20.03.2007

Bux Stops With Bux.to

18.11.2009

Advantages:
None .

Disadvantages:
Do not pay out, No not communicate, Cancel Payments

Recommendable No:

25 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. Soho_Black
  2. TheHairyGodmother
  3. py106
  1. jesi

Bux.to is an online ad clicking site which boasts to pay you for clicking. I joined Bux.to in 2008 after reading and trusting a review written very comprehensively by a Ciao & Dooyoo member who later received a diamond & Crown respectively (cash award/recognition) for their writing. At the time I joined Bux.to there were very few solid reviews which did not back this business. Most on review sites such as Ciao and Dooyoo told of people receiving their payments for clicking the ads. The other plus I found about Bux.to is that this site states the following Bux.to is _“NOT a Autosurf, Multi-Level Marketing, Pyramid, Ponzi, Matrix or "Get Rich Quick" scheme. Bux.to is a new innovative, international and FREE English based service that allows advertisers to reach thousands of potential customers by displaying their ad on our, "Surf Ads" page.”_

English based with US currency which deposits into a UK bank account in Sterling based on the daily exchange rate.
How does it work?

Bux.to requires you to register your account in order to receive referrals. On registering you can state who referred you and they will receive cash for your clicks. Bux.to pays $0.01for every click you or your referrals make. “Pays” being the ultimate word.

Once you have enough clicks to request a payment you are advised to have an alertpay account ready for the money to be deposited. Bux.to do not deal with PayPal but do offer an alternative to Alertpay with their bux.to card – a pre-paid Mastercard.

On accessing the site you will see a fairly bland layout with 7 headings at the top of the page;

Quality referrals

This page gives you a list of links inviting you to purchase a referral package. You have a choice of 6 packages ranging from 15 referrals for $16.98 to 500 referrals for $459. I believe when I joined I paid Ł18.75 (but the American equivalent) for 30 un-referred referrals. I also asked my friends to join and use me as a referrer – thankfully only three did so. Bux.to allows you to buy your referrals via several means including PayPal.
Surf Ads

This header offers the ads available to you to click on within each 24 hour period. For example, today I am entitled to 26 ads from 66 new ads. However I have only logged into Bux.to for the purpose of this review and will not be clicking the ads. The subjects are divided up into topics such as “Computers & Interests” and “Charity & Non Profit” etc etc.

Each ad is 30 seconds long, at the end of the advert you will see a red cross or a green tick, each represents whether the ad has been successful and whether you will receive your $0.01 credit or not. The majority of these adverts are Bux.to ads telling you how people have made thousands of pounds from clicking the ads.
My Stats

This section tells you how many referrals you have; how many clicks they have combined, how much money you have made and how many times you have clicks the ads. I currently have $162 in my account which I requested in April 2009 and is still pending audit (more on that later).

Advertise

This link offers you the opportunity to advertise on bux.to.
Contact Us

Bux.to offers a ticket response system, this system is quite good. It provides a quick response from a staff member at Bux.to, however their words are meaningless an example of my use of the ticket system would be below, however they have revamped their site and I can no longer access my ticket and the response they gave me. It was along the lines of, please be patient people do get paid. They failed to answer my question at all.

Forum

Bux.to offers a forum which requires a separate login. I registered to see if I could find out how to query getting paid and was immediately banned from utilising any of the forums, except the one which contains repeated posts of people praising Bux.to.
The Bux.to Card.

This is a pre-paid Mastercard where Bux.to place the money you have earned from the site. The card costs $49.95 and is allegedly loaded with $10 credit. However seeing as I joined Bux.to over 18months ago and I am still waiting for a payout, I wouldn’t bother buying it as you may not get your money back.

My Experience.

When I joined Bux.to the limit for a payout was $30 (it is now $50 for standard members & $10 for premium members) which was in force to stop spammers from have their computer on auto-click. I applied for $34 on 21st April 2008, opted to receive my money via Alertpay which I had set up especially. It took months for the status to change from “Pending Audit” to “Cancelled in April 2009.” CANCELLED! By this time I had accrued another $162 and wanted to receive payment and close the account. So I contacted Bux.to via the ticket machine and was advised that they had cancelled all payments of less than $30 to combat fraud. Well I had asked for more and they response I got was “please resubmit your claim” –with no apology or explanation.

On 16th April 2009 I submitted a request for $162.91 – to this day it is still “pending audit.” In nearly 2 years I have never received any payout from Bux.to.

In addition to be unable to access my previous ticket system communication, my login is now no longer valid on the forum, despite me never posting on it. It appears that Bux.to is doing everything it can to prevent access to support or the money owed.

They even have a “proof of payments” link to “prove” their site works and pays out. Should a legitimate site require such a section?

You will find if you read into Bux.to a bit more that they are regularly removing/suspending users who they believe are fraudulently using the site and rightly so, however they use this as excuse for late payments.

py106 11.02.2010 13:40

I've heard of Bux.to as a scam for a long time. Can't believe it's still there today. Anan

Ruby.xo 20.12.2009 14:49

Won't be bothering with this one then, I'll just stick to ciao. Great review x

sweetdaisy 20.12.2009 00:50

I'm a member of Bux.to and one of very few to be paid!! I received a payment of $300 after a 16 month wait. I sent them lots of tickets and I finally had my money xx