Review of "cbfsms.com"

published 07/07/2006 | muralees
Member since : 26/06/2006
Good
Pro You can send FREE texts online and receive replies
Cons It gets very busy so you often have to wait to send a message

"Send UNLIMITED FREE text messages (SMS) online"

This information is true on 7/7/2006

***WHAT IS IT***
If you are like me and sometimes you need to get a message across without calling someone, then it can add up with text messaging costing 10p per text. I scanned the internet and most SMS (text messaging) sites require you to register your mobile number and details etc. Then I found www.cbfsms.com. Text messaging is FREE and you don't need to register.

***HOW MANY MESSAGES CAN YOU SEND?***
Most sites have a limit. With CBFSMS.com however, you can send unlimited messages!

***HOW TO USE IT***
You just go to the site and enter the recipient's phone number and the message. When you click on "SEND" you have the option to have delivery confirmation (this is handy, as not all messages seem to get through), and whether you want replies back through the website. You also have to agree not to use pop-up blocking software on your PC otherwise it will not allow you to send it. Then click on "SEND" and another screen will come up asking you to re-type the shown Pin Verification. Type the Pin in the box and click "SEND" again. That's it!

***PITFALLS***
I don't think that the site is very appealing, but that does not make a difference to me! When you send a message, you get a couple of windows open up adverts. It's no big deal really; they have to make their money somehow. Sometimes messages don't get sent as I suppose the servers are busy. You will then get a message saying how long before you can try again (I just had that while I am writing this review, it said wait 4 minutes. I tried again after a few minutes and it worked). All you need to do is click "BACK" on your browser and a new Pin will come up. Repeat the process. I don't find this too much of a problem, it's FREE after all and does work. You can then check for delivery confirmation. The message that the recipient receives will have cbfsms.com at the end of the text, again no big deal really. The site does get busy at peak times and you might have to wait to send messages.

You will have a button on your browser saying "Check for replies". Click this to see if you have received a reply. If you are going to close the browser then you have the option to check back by setting a memorable word and you must remember the reply code as well. Personally, I ask the recipient to reply to my mobile. A word of advice, type your message in WORD/NOTEPAD then you can just copy and paste it into the website - in case if you lose the message if it does not get sent.

You can only send a message to 1 recipient. However, if you want to send to multiple mobile numbers you can register with VIPSMS. It will cost you 5p per text (as of 7/7/2006) - which is cheaper than on your mobile. I have not tried this.

***CONCLUSION***
It's a good way to save a bit of money on texts. Despite the pitfalls, I use it regularly and don't find it too much of a problem.

If you find this review useful, please let me know by clicking below. Thank you.

• sit2020 published 09/07/2006
    I have been looking for a site such as this, must try it out, thanks for a very useful review
  • lindsayjayne published 08/07/2006
    This is really useful to know, thanks. I don't have a landline and only have a mobile, so when I occasionally run out of credit it's good to know I could use this to still text people. Thanks. x
  • The_Nursey published 07/07/2006
    Thankfully with my contract I get 500 texts a month having used free site in the past I've found that 9 times out of 10 texts did arrive.