channel4.com

Review of "channel4.com"

published 21/12/2000 | a1ex
Member since : 15/12/2000
Pro None
Cons Homework takes up time at home
not rated

"the pointlessness of homework"

As I am at school I am in prime position to notice the complete and utter stupidity of some of the homework that I do. I can understand doing homework to finish large projects when there are not enough lessons to finish it during school. However, when pupils have to do simple excercises which have already been thoroughly gone over during the lesson then I cannot see the point in doing yet more work at home. For things like maths homework is just about justifiable, but for things like English when there are not that many things that you can do without having had the principle which you are learning hammered into you.

not rated

• a-true-ben published 19/06/2005
    What's this got to do with the C4 website?
  • neilmoore67 published 21/12/2000
    It seem that your problem isn't so much with homework high as with homework in general. As a conciencious pupil I think that homework high is a great tool for getting answers for your work, they even give you answers to other people’s queries which mean’t that my question was answered clearly within seconds.
  • steveymacca published 21/12/2000
    I agree, most homework is pointless. When I was at school, I got the feeling that teachers set homework because they were supposed to rather then because it will benefit you or your education.

Product Information : channel4.com