chat-avenue.com

General Chat Rooms & Forums

Review of "chat-avenue.com"

published 21/07/2005 | erin_me
Member since : 17/07/2005
Pro Many rooms available to seperate and cater for all users and ages.
Cons Safety an issue but addressed well.

"#1 Chat Avenue A Safe Site For Chatting"

Safety in chat rooms has become and should be a major factor in all parent's decisions in allowing their child the use of the internet and the access to such sites. My net name is ~erin_me~ and I have been a member of the community at #1 Chat Avenue since the age of 13, I am almost 18 now. In thattime I have gone from a chatter to admin of three of the rooms at the site. The site has grown immensly in the time I have attended it and there are seperate rooms for various ages and sections of the community. In regard to the Kid's chatroom in particular, I would like parents to be aware that we as a team, the room has a large amount of moderators and myself, take the job of protecting your child very very seiously, an age limit of 16 has been set for users of the room and that rule is taken as the most important of all room rules. Any older person who enters the room is immediately asked to leave, any user reported to the moderating team as being older or asking inappropriate things of users in private chat within the room is also removed from the room. Older users are banned from entering the room again by use of their computer's ip.
We are aware that many children are given access to our site without parental supervision and so we as a team, enforce rules that are designed to keep the chat within the room at the level parents would be happy with. Swearing and talk of a sexual nature is not allowed, racism and bullying, fighting and advertising personal email addresses and other site adresses is not allowed, the sharing of personal information with other users is another area that is stressed to users as dangerous.
Please feel free to look at the site, as parents it is your place to be sure your child chats in safety, Iam available to be contacted at the site's message board, advertised on our home page. in ending, I once more would like to emphasise, older users are not encouraged to attend the younger rooms at the site, rather the moderating team is constantly on the lookout for these users and removes them as soon as they are aware of them. As a parent please ensure your child knows the dangers in misrepresenting them selves in chat rooms, make them aware of the dangers of sharing personal information with strangers, most importantly make them aware that if they are approached in a way that is threatening to them in any way within a chat room to approach you as a parent and the moderator at the site with their fears and concerns.
The owners, and staff at #1 Chat Avenue would like to assure all parents and chatters that the site caters for all aspects of todays lifestyles, there are adult rooms, youth and kids rooms, a specialised room for members of the gay community as well as music, sports and other smaller specialised rooms. All rooms are set with age limits to ensure the safety of all users. It is of paramount importance to us that users of the site become members of our growing community, feel and are safe at the site and have an enjoyable chatting experience. Please be aware that negative accounts of sites can be posted by anyone, competitors, users with personal grudges against the site for reasons as small as not being chosen to moderate a room, to being banned from the site for security reasons and actions that put children or other users in danger. The only way you can be sure of the safety of a site is to personally visit it, and we at #1 Chat Avenue invite all to do this, see for yourselves and judge for yourself, we are sure you will return and allow your children to become members of the community.
erin_me

This review was read 52049 times and was rated at

• MAFARRIMOND published 21/07/2005
    A good first review. Welcome to Ciao. Maureen
  • Tea65 published 21/07/2005
    Hiya, Welcome to Ciao. A good review but hard on the eyes to read, you may want to edit and break it up into paragraphs. Tea xx
  • LeeroyBrown published 21/07/2005
    Never heard of the site but lots of good advice for parents. Leeroy ~Onwards and Upwards~